Can't sync with dropbox between windows laptop and ipad

Windows 1Password version 4.01.503. Ipad version 5. Even if I add a new password entry through the main 1Password program, it saves in the main program, but never syncs on my Ipad. Both Ipad and Windows are pointing to the same location in my dropbox directory.

Comments

• Matthew Fox
    Matthew Fox
    Community Member

More Info. If I add an entry from my ipad or iphone, they sync using dropbox, but my windows version doesn't ever get the sync. so it just seems like the problem is on my windows laptop.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like 1Password on your PC is using a different vault (.agilekeychain folder) than the one being used by the 1Password app on your iPad and iPhone.

Can you confirm that they're both using the Dropbox sync option (in 1Password's "settings")?

Also, can you check "preferences" in the main 1Password program on your PC, select the General tab, and let us know the full path of your 1Password vault?

We want to figure out what's going on and get things working for you, Matthew.

• Matthew Fox
    Matthew Fox
    Community Member

On my PC the full path is "c:\users\mcf\dropbox\apps\1password\1password.agilekeychain".

On my iPhone the path says "apps\1password\1password.agilekeychain"

And my iPad is same path as iPhone.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, Matthew. That looks right, assuming you have only one Dropbox account.

On your private dropbox.com web site (not on your PC), please open the apps folder, the 1password subfolder within it, and the 1password.agilekeychain subfolder within that.

Open the 1Password.html file within that, using your usual master password to unlock your data.

Do you see items added on your iPhone and iPad there?

If so, are any items added on your iPhone or iPad making it to eachother or to the PC?

• Matthew Fox
    Matthew Fox
    Community Member

Oops. Sorry. Dropbox service wasn't running on my pc. Turned it on and it all synced up. Thanks for your help!

• Matthew Fox
    Matthew Fox
    Community Member

Great customer service by the way!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Oh, that’s great news, Matthew—thank you for letting us know.

We're glad to help, but thanks for the kind words, too!

This discussion has been closed.