Router Login Issues

HPShelton
HPShelton
Community Member
edited September 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I upgraded today to 1Password 4 for Windows and have found that the (updated) Chrome extension can't auto-fill the native HTTP sign-in dialog presented by my router, and worse, the extension no longer has the ability to display login information in the extension itself to make it easy for me to copy/paste the password. In fact, the accessibility of the plugin is significantly reduced, since I was in the habit of tabbing once to move to credit cards and hitting down arrow once to select the card to auto-fill, for example, which now takes 9(!) arrow key presses. Are any of these known issues that AgileBits is planning to address?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

You can right click on a login item in the menu to access the username and password.

• HPShelton
    HPShelton
    Community Member

Awesome. Totally non-visible, non-intuitive functionality. How does it work on a touch device?

The other two issues are still big regressions for me.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Totally non-visible, non-intuitive functionality.

Agreed. I've argued this with them before.

How does it work on a touch device?

No idea. Is there no right click gesture on Win8 devices? You'd think there would be given the prevalence of right click functionality in Windows programs. Android and iOS have the advantage of having no legacy to deal. All of their apps were designed for no right click.

I upgraded today to 1Password 4 for Windows and have found that the (updated) Chrome extension can't auto-fill the native HTTP sign-in dialog presented by my router

Open it in Chrome, right click on the username field and select "inspect element". It will open the code inspector and should highlight the html element that represents the username field. Note down the ID attribute. E.g.:

<input type="text" tabindex="1" name="username" id="username" size="25" value="" class="inputbox auto width">

note the bold part. Repeat this for the password field and then open up the main 1Password app.

Edit your router login item and look at the grid at the bottom of the edit window. This is the list of html form fields that it will look for in order to fill. Make sure that the Name column contains the ID values you noted earlier and that the designation column is set to username and password appropriately.

In fact, the accessibility of the plugin is significantly reduced, since I was in the habit of tabbing once to move to credit cards and hitting down arrow once to select the card to auto-fill, for example, which now takes 9(!) arrow key presses.

Nothing you can do about that. They can't even implement accelerators since typing on the menu implements the search function (yes, more non-visible, non-intuitive functionality).
    @svondutch‌ any chance of implementing extra configurable shortcuts to allow direct access to the different lists? E.g.: I might configure it as:

Ctrl+\ - Fill (as now)

Ctrl+Alt+\ - Access full menu (as now)

Ctrl+Alt+F1 - Access Favourites directly

Ctrl+Alt+F2 - Access Tags directly

Ctrl+Alt+F3 - Access Logins directly

Ctrl+Alt+F4 - Access Credit Cards directly

Ctrl+Alt+F5 - Access Identities directly

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

any chance of implementing extra configurable shortcuts to allow direct access to the different lists?

@RichardPayne Yes we can do this.

This discussion has been closed.