Feature Request: "Always on top" option

On most of my banking sites nowadays part of the login process normally requires I type in random letters from a passphrase.

Something like "Please type in characters 2, 6, 8 from your passphrase". Of course I have my pasphrase saved in 1Password but whenever I click in the browser to type in one of the characters in the 1Password window goes behind my browser so I end up doing a lot of alt+tabbing as I flip between typing the character in the browsers and looking for the next character in 1Password.

Would it be possible to add a "Always on top" option so that the 1Password window always stays on top of all other windows, even when it doesn't have focus? I can then keep typing in the browser and read 1Password at the same, no window switching needed.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure that's possible with the standard Windows element currently being used to display the 1Password extension in your browser, @reck. :(

Thanks for letting us know it would be useful to you, though!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@DBrown‌ I got the impression that @reck‌ was using the main 1Password window for this, not the extension. An "Always on top" option would work fine there, although you are right, the extension's menu could not be set persistently topmost in its current state.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

I was indeed talking about the main 1Password window.

A stay on top option is just a standard property of all windows windows I believe, if being accessed from code. So hopefully it would be very simply to implement?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

indeed:

SetWindowPos(hMainWnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE);

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Maybe they can just do a copy\paste Richard :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, folks! I had no idea Windows programming was so simple. ;)

This discussion has been closed.