Trial Windows Version and Full iOS version.

Hello I just purchased the full iOS version. I don't need a full Windows version. Will my trial Windows version work with the nagging screen and able to sync to my iOS version without expiring?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Hi @Zodler, welcome to the forums!

The trial version of 1Password for Windows is fully functional for 30 days. After that, you won't be able to add more than 20 total items to 1Password for Windows (this won't affect the iOS version though, and sync will still work). If at any point you decide to purchase a license for the Windows version, you'll be able to activate it with a license key and it will become fully functional again.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Drew_AG‌ We'll never prohibit you from editing your existing items -- trail mode or fully registered. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @svondutch! My mistake, I've corrected that in my previous message. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure why I wrote that since I know we don't prohibit editing in the trial. I think "yesterday me" must have needed more coffee. ;)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

:)

• Zodler
    Zodler
    Community Member

So I can't add an item in Windows after 30 days? If I understand correctly, I can add an item in the full iOS version, then I will be able to edit and modify that in the Windows Trial expired version?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

So I can't add an item in Windows after 30 days?

If you have more than 20 items, then yes. As long as you haven't got 20 items, there aren't any limitations.

• Zodler
    Zodler
    Community Member

Your statement is contradictory.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Your statement is contradictory.

How so?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@Zodler, to clarify how this works in the Windows trial:

• If you have 20 or more items when the 30 day trial ends, you won't be able to create more items in 1Password for Windows. (You will still be able to create new items in 1Password for iOS and sync them to Windows.)
    • If you have less than 20 items when the 30 day trial ends, you can still create items in 1Password for Windows until you reach 20.

I hope this helps to clear up the confusion! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.