Chrome Extension Freezes

I have been having an issue with unlocking the 1Password Chrome extension. When I click the button for a login, I am presented with the Master Password unlock screen. After I enter it and click okay the extension freezes on screen. I can click the login item and it will fill the form. It will not submit the form nor minimize the extension back to the Chrome dock. I can actually close the Chrome browser and the extension window will stay open. It isn't until some time later that the extension will close. Seems to freeze for about 30 seconds.
Any thoughts?
Running Windows 8.1 64 bit with Chrome 37 64 Bit.

Thanks,
Toby

Comments

• robbielj
    robbielj
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

I have been experienced similar issues with chrome extension occasionally.

Ctrl+\ to call 1password and enter master password to unlock. 1password fills forms but doesn't submit them. The ctrl key is still in the "keydown" status. I have to press ctrl to clear the keydown status then submit forms by myself.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Dev asks that you updated to the latest BETA build, and let us know whether the problem persists.

Thanks for your help!

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member

DBrown. I updated to the latest stable release and it did not fix. Should I still try the latest Beta?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

As it turns out, there hasn't been a beta build since the most recent stable release (4.1.0.523).

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member

Okay, where do I download that from? When I check within the app and tell it to include Beta releases it doesn't find it.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

As I say, the latest 1Password for Windows build is 4.1.0.523, a stable build.

What version are you using?

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member

Sorry I read your comment wrong. I am running the latest 4.1.0.523 build. I recently tried shutting off the "Verify Web Browser Code Signature". I will see if this helps.

Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Super! Let us know how it goes.

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member

Okay DBrown. No luck with the new build and disabling Verify Web Browser Code.
    Here is a thought. I have universal unlock enabled. When I click the extension icon in Chrome I am prompted for my master password. I put it in and then the extension freezes and will not leave the screen. If I go to the desktop program and click the icon it again asks me for my master password all while displaying on open lock icon. Should this universal unlock work both ways? Browser to desktop and desktop to browser?
    Here's the reason I ask. I rebooted my computer to start fresh. With universal unlock on I opened the desktop program, entered my master password, and then opened Chrome. I then clicked the key and was not prompted for my password and the extension acted like normal.
    Makes me think the freezing issue has something to do with sending the unlock signal to the desktop program.
    Just my small amount of investigative work. Hope this helps or starts something brewing.
    Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I believe it does work both ways.

Please try disabling universal unlock, and let us know whether that gets things working the way you're expecting.

Thanks for your patience!

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member

I tried disabling universal lock and it still freezes when the extension asks for the master password.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Dynatnt1‌ You're seeing this problem in Chrome, correct? Out of curiosity, have you tried this with any other web browser? (Internet Explorer, for example). Thanks!

• giessenborch
    giessenborch
    Community Member

Same problem here! I am using 1Password version 4.1.0.526 on Windows 8.1 64 bit with Chrome version 38.0.2125.104 m. The version of the 1Password extension is 4.2.5.90.

Sometimes when clicking on the extension logo nothing happens at all, sometimes the extension shows up and works normally and sometimes it freezes completely. It stays in the screen even after closing Chrome. Very annoying!

Fred

• Dynatnt1
    Dynatnt1
    Community Member

So just updated my chrome extension to 4.2.5.2 which seems like an older version no? and so far so good.
    I will keep you posted. I opened the 1Password main program and went to preferences then browsers. I clicked on the installed version for Chrome and it took me to a web site to install the extension. I clicked install and it installed a different version than I had before.
    I will report back.

• Chris Akens
    Chris Akens
    Community Member

I am running Chrome Extension 4.2.5.2 and 1password for Windows 4.1.0.526. Whenever I click the 1password icon in chrome nothing happens.

I've tried uninstalling both the windows app and the extension as well as restarting the password helper. Please advise on how this can be fixed or troubleshot.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Chris, you might also try temporarily disabling code-signature verification.

Be sure to click the "send us a note" link, if you do, and please let us know here in the forum whether it helps.

• Chris Akens
    Chris Akens
    Community Member

Disabling code-signature verification appears to have worked. Is this a temporary workaround that will be fixed in a subsequent release or the long term solution?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

I'm not sure, Chris. If you clicked the "send us a note" link, though, we'll do that as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.