1Password 4 activation problem

Hello!

I have trouble activating 1Password 4 on my Windows PC at work. After I enter my license key the program says it is connecting to the activation server. But then I receive a Windows error message stating that (roughly translated from German) "the current security settings don't allow downloading this file".

Is this a problem with my Windows or IE settings?

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Try turning off automatic proxy detection in the 1password preferences.

• bumix
    bumix
    Community Member

I am one step further now. After enabling downloads in IE -> Internet Options -> Security -> Internet zone, now when I click on 'Enter License Key' after starting 1Password, a IE file download dialog opens, prompting me to chose a location to save the file "activate.json" to. Very strange..
    Meanwhile 1Password throws an error "Error parsing response from server during license activation." I don't know how to feed the "activate.json" file to 1Password afterwards. Why does 1Password rely on the IE security settings so much?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@bumix Please enter your proxy info here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Network

• bumix
    bumix
    Community Member

Ok, changing the proxy configuration from "automatic" to "no proxy" did the trick, thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@bumix, thanks for letting us know, I'm happy to hear that helped! :)

This discussion has been closed.