Firefox LTS, no 1password icon since v4

Running 1password 4.0.1.503 on Windows 7, 64b. On firefox ESR 24.8.1 the 1Password icon has not appeared in browser since v4 with the new way of rendering menus arrived. Firefox addon version 4.2.4.

I've removed the addon and reinstalled 1password, but that doesn't help. Customise option shows no 1password icon, so I can't drag it back. I've recently reinstalled Windows, Firefox and 1password (new drive), and still it doesn't work.

I've seen a broadly identical report for Mac/v4, so assumed a fix would be arriving shortly, but a few months on that seems increasingly unlikely...

The main app suggests I use the browser addon when storing or using web passwords, but I can't. I have to choose the URL / login manually. At this point it's rendered the product annoying every time I use it - it's basically glorified copy/paste from a list of sites and passwords.

Can I regress to v3, which at least had an interface that worked flawlessly?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

From what i saw, there's now a Firefox 31 ESR, did you try with it (unless you're using it in a corporate environment of course) ?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Can I regress to v3, which at least had an interface that worked flawlessly?

Yes. You can download the old extension here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/index.html

• MHolmes
    MHolmes
    Community Member

From what i saw, there's now a Firefox 31 ESR

Yes it's probably time to update. I've been avoiding Chromefox Australis as long as possible to give the Classic addon some time to mature!

Yes. You can download the old extension here: https://agilebits.com/extensions/win/index.html

Excellent, thanks!

Is this FF thing a known issue you'll hopefully fix soon?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Is this FF thing a known issue you'll hopefully fix soon?

1Password 4 requires Firefox 29 (or higher).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@MHolmes‌ I know what you mean :D. I'm using a skin to circumvent that problem (Opera skin). Much better than Australis. It doesn't look that bad on Mac OS X though.

This discussion has been closed.