How to purchase 1Password 3 for mac licnese?

Options

Hi,

I've been using the "1Password 3" for my mac trial and it's great (my mac has OS 10.7.3 which I can not upgrade further). I've been using the IOS versions as well (which I purchased through itunes store) and syncing through dropbox. I'm now getting a message that my trial will expire in a few days.. and the implication is I will loose all my entries over 20 if I don't license. I have maybe 100 and so really can't afford to loose all these now.

I can not find any way to purchase a license for version 3 for the mac on your site or the App Store. Please help.

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdpuses1password‌,

Thanks so much for giving 1Password a try, I'm so glad to hear you like it!

Now, 1Password 3 is no longer directly available for sale - we removed it from our store when we released 1Password 4 for Mac to avoid confusing customers. However, when you purchase a 1Password 4 for Mac license, it comes with a legacy license for 1Password 3. It's kinda like a two-for-one deal: get a license for 1Password 3 to use now, and then when you upgrade your system, you'll have a shiny new license for 1Password 4 to match your shiny new computer!

You can snag a licence for 1Password 4 for Mac from our webstore, and the email receipt will include you version 3 license key.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you! ;)

• stevdina
    stevdina
    Community Member
    Options

hi, Megan -- i purchased 1password for mac back in 2012 via the app store. have subsequently upgraded and am using the most recent, licensed versions for iOS and for os x mavericks but i need to use 1p'wd on my old mac pro which can't run the latest os. hence, i've loaded 1p'wd 3.8.22 which runs fine but i'm being asked for the license # and i don't have one for that old version. reading the site, i think you can generate one if i have my app store receipt, which i have located. who should i direct it to? i've r'cd no reply from agile bits support since i sent it a week ago. i need to get this moving! many thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Steve ( @stevdina‌ )

Thanks so much for your patience here. I do apologize for the delay in response via email - we've had a lot of users contacting us since the release of 1Password 5 for iOS, and our small team is doing the best that we can to get back to our usual snappy responses.

I took a look in our email system and found your email (using the email address attached to your forum account.) Thanks so much for including the app store receipt - I've created a new 1Password 3 for Mac license for you to use on your older computer.

I hope this gets you all straightened out, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

ref: QAV-56885-412

This discussion has been closed.