Password field does not have focus when locked

When I double-click the 1Password icon in the system tray in its locked state the window pops and I see the cursor flashing in the edit box waiting for me to type my master password. However even though the cursor is flashing in the edit box waiting for input it appears the window (or edit field) does not have focus and any typing I do is simply ignored.

Could you change the behaviour so that the password field has focus as soon as the window opens without having to grab the mouse and click to activate it. I know its a small thing but it gets me every time, type the password a realise 1Password isn't listening.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm not able to reproduce that problem, @reck.

If you disable the System Tray option, fully quit and relaunch 1Password, and then re-enable the System Tray option, does that solve the problem?

• reck
    reck
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

I've just got to work and tried it on my work computer and get the same problem.

If 1P is unlocked and I double-click the icon it opens up to the search box and this does have focus and accepts key input without having to click.

If 1P is locked and I double-click the icon it opens up to the locked screen where I have to enter my master password, this does not have focus unless I click.

I tried what you suggested and it's not made a difference DBrown.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Just discovered something.

1Password opens up from the system tray with a single click and this works fine, but a double click seems to lose focus which is what's causing the problem.

Interestingly when 1P is unlocked both a single click and a double-click focuses the search box correctly when the window opens.

Do you use a single click to open 1P DBrown? That would explain why it was working for you.

Being a long time Windows user i'm used to double-clicking everything to open them. Could the locked state work like the unlocked state so the text box gets focus regardless of what method is used to open the window?

Now I know a single click open the window it's not really an issue for me anymore but it would be a nice fix for those who are used to double-clicking.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Yes, I do single-click on icons in the notification area, as that is standard Windows usage for those icons.

I'm glad single-clicking is working for you, too. Thanks for letting us know!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@DBrown What you said is spot on. However, it would improve the UX if the second click re-focused the password textbox.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it along to Dev.

This discussion has been closed.