Disconnecting 1Password from Dropbox

I recently changed employers. At my old employer, I had 1Password pointing to Dropbox to find the login data. Now that I'm no longer there I obviously don't want my successor to be able to access my logins. So I signed out of Dropbox, and signed in using a new account created for my successor. But when I opened Chrome 1Password still saw all of my login data. What is the correct way to handle this problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

First, your successor cannot unlock your 1Password data without your master password, period.

As for "when I opened Chrome 1Password still saw all of my login data": Where did you open Chrome? Was that on the computer at the employer where you no longer work?

• DavidGibbs
    DavidGibbs
    Community Member

@DBrown: Thanks; yes, I know she can't unlock my info. But I'd still rather it not be even connected in any way, and I want her to be able to use 1Password for her own purposes. To you questions, yes, I opened it on the computer at my old employer's.

@svondutch: Thanks, but I don't want to delete 1Password from Chrome. I want 1Password to continue to function for my old employer, both on the desktop and in Chrome (they paid for the license, after all). I just want 1Password to look at a different set of data.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I don't want to delete 1Password from Chrome. I want 1Password to continue to function for my old employer, both on the desktop and in Chrome (they paid for the license, after all). I just want 1Password to look at a different set of data.

@DavidGibbs After you have removed the 1Password extension from Chrome, you can re-install it here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

• DavidGibbs
    DavidGibbs
    Community Member

@svondutch: And that will point it at a different data set? What about the desktop version?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

And that will point it at a different data set?

Yes.

What about the desktop version?

Assuming you have removed your vault (aka .agilekeychain) from the PC, there is no need to un-install the desktop app.

• DavidGibbs
    DavidGibbs
    Community Member

Okay, thank you very much.

This discussion has been closed.