Wi-fi Sync Causes No Response

I'm using 1Password for iOS version 5.1 and 1Password for Windows version 4.0.2.BETA-517.

Up until recently, I had no issues Wi-Fi syncing my iPhone with my Windows computer. For the last couple of BETA versions of 1Password for Windows, it will freeze up and become non-responsive after Wi-Fi syncing has finished. I have to then use the Windows Task Manager to end the process.

Any suggestions on how I might fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

1Password for Windows now includes a "spinner" to let you know when the sync is finished.

This was added because, according to Dev, the automatic Wi-Fi sync in 1Password 5 for iOS takes a good deal longer than a manual Wi-Fi sync triggered in 1Password for Windows, especially with 1Password 4 for iOS.

Are you referring to manual or automatic Wi-Fi sync?

Also, did the problem arise before or after you upgraded 1Password for iOS from version 4 to version 5?

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member

I am referring to manual Wi-Fi sync. I'm pretty certain I had upgraded to 1Password for iOS version 5 and had no issues. I didn't notice the issue until about 3 beta versions ago of the 1Password for Windows.

BTW, I am currently using 1Password for iOS version 5.1 and 1Password for Windows version 4.1.0.520 and the problem still occurs.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@mdjones‌ Please download 4.1.0.522 and try again:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

Thanks!

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member

@svonduch I updated to 4.1.0.522 and it froze up after Wi-Fi sync. I also updated to 4.1.0.523 with the same results. I tried completely uninstalling 1Password for Windows and then installing a fresh copy of 4.1.0.523 and I still get the No Response after Wi-Fi sync.

• marco_71
    marco_71
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Idem here, Fresh install of 4.1.0.523 (Windows 8.1). The moment i start wifi sync it hangs after 2 seconds or so. Only sollution to kill it with taskmanager. IOs 5.1. app running on Ipad/Iphone.

ps i have it every time i want to sync, both first time as update sync. Although it hangs every sync, it has updated the passwords in the IOs app. (after two attempts and still having the windows application to be killed by the taskmanager)

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member

The Wi-Fi sync keeps freezing up after I synced from 1Password 5.1 for iOS. I get not responding.

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Fresh install on 10/16/14- 4.1.0.523 Windows 7 with IOS 5.1 and would at least be able to see my desktop computer on the IOS device, would try to sync but desktop 1Password wifi sync status would then show "idle" then "Not Responding" and then to white and I have to close the sync program to try again. IOS device shows my DeskTop computer and will continue to try to sync. Gave up and attempted to retry this morning 10/17 and still getting same issues.

Edit for update: I did a hard reset to the IOS device and am now able to do a sync that passes information both ways. My only concern is that on 1Password on the Desk Top and IOS device I am not able to get to a final close of the sync. The desktop program does not showing a spinning icon showing to be in sync mode, just a written Status: Syncing at the op. They both continue run and eventually I click the desk top off and it will go to Status- Not Responding then to a white box where I have to kill the program myself.
    Getting a bit better, but not yet there.

• n8_e
    n8_e
    Community Member

Yep, same problem with me. I'm a brand new user and I cannot get the Wi-Fi sync to work. I'm running the same versions as keith and hawkstr and it's exhibiting the exact same behavior - freezing when attempting to sync. Have to force-quit the windows app. Never fully syncs.

• paulvs
    paulvs
    Community Member

Same problem

brand new user
    1Password 5.1
    Iphone OS
    Window 7 Enterprise

• lexvis
    lexvis
    Community Member

Yep, same here

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

It works for me, but I realize a lot of others are having problems. We do know Wi-Fi networking in iOS8 is unreliable, and we're hoping the iOS8.1 update (due Monday) plus the 1Password 5.1.1 update (due soon) will fix these issues. Thanks!

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

If it's working for you, maybe you can relay to us what settings you have configured on yours? That way we won't have to wait till some future update happens.
    The endless syncing with no closure, then when you finally close 1Password on the desktop, everything crashes and goes non responsive. That's whats really irritating.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

maybe you can relay to us what settings you have configured on yours?

I'm not sure what setting you're referring to because there isn't much to configure. My desktop and my iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network. I'm connected to a Time Capsule at home and AirPort Extreme in my office. Not running any proxy. No Firewall (other than the one that comes with Windows out-of-the-box).

• lexvis
    lexvis
    Community Member

To be a bit more precise: what happens is:
    On my PC I choose for Wifi-Sync --- On my iOS device I choose for Sync, which invokes a second MasterPassword entry on the PC.

On PC (Wifi sync windows says idle) and eventually it crashes, but it does result in a sync on the iOS side.

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member

To be a bit more precise: what happens is: On my PC I choose for Wifi-Sync --- On my iOS device I choose for Sync, which invokes a second MasterPassword entry on the PC.
    On PC (Wifi sync windows says idle) and eventually it crashes, but it does result in a sync on the iOS side.

@lexvis This is exactly what is happening on mine.

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member

I'm getting exactly what lexvis and mdjones is getting.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

The Windows version keeps locking up after syncing with 1Password 5.1 for iOS 8 with Wi-Fi Sync even though it now shows Idle. Can you please fix this lockup.

• n8_e
    n8_e
    Community Member

Yep, add one more with the exact same problems as lexvis, mdjones and hawkstr.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

@mdjones‌ @marco_71‌ @KeithWeisshar‌ @hawkstr‌ @n8_e‌ @paulvs‌ @lexvis‌

Version 4.1.0.526 should fix this problem.

Can you please download version 4.1.0.526 and confirm the fix?

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

Thanks!

• lexvis
    lexvis
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Works like a charm!
    Thanks for your response and the quick fix.

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member

Outstanding! Works perfectly. Thanks for getting this resolved for us.

• n8_e
    n8_e
    Community Member

That upgrade fixed the issue for me as well. Nice work, 1Password team!

• marco_71
    marco_71
    Community Member

Great! It works for me too.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, everybody—thanks for letting us know!

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member

Can you please download version 4.1.0.526 and confirm the fix?

@svondutch YES! Thank you. It works perfectly now.

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member

Why did versions prior to 4.1.0.526 cause Wi-Fi Sync to show not responding in the idle status after syncing?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I don't know, @KeithWeisshar‌. Sorry not to have the details for you.

The important thing is that it's working correctly now, so please let us know if that's not the case for you.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.