Import data from Safeinthecloud to 1password

Hello,
I try to import my data from safeinthecloud to 1password, but i can't.
I can export them to csv, txt or xml. But can't load them.
It seems MrC is the champion :)
Does anybody would have a way to do it ?
Thanks
Tony

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2014

Hi @tons28‌. What do I win?

The XML format and hence creation of a converter is straightforward. The Safe In Cloud types would be mapped as:

• Credit Card --> Credit Card
    • Code, Email Account, Login/Password, Web Account --> Login
    • ID/Passport --> Passport
    • Insurance, Membership --> Membership
    • Note --> Secure Notes

And customized types, or types missing key card-identifying features (key field names, icon type) would be mapped to Secure Notes.

Safe in Cloud does no date validation, so all date fields will go to the notes section of a card.

Have you purchased 1P4 already?

• tons28
    tons28
    Community Member

Thanks for your answer. If you come in the south of France, a beer :p What is 1P4 ? 1password ? if so, no i have not purchased it, but i will do it. But i would like to try to import my data first to be sure i can do it. Cause as i said, i try but it reacts strange.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2014

I can help you get your data converted and imported.

And I'll take you up on that beer some day when I revisit your lovely region.

Yes, 1P4 is 1Password 4.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2014

Edit: the SafeInCloud converter has since been included in my convert_to_1p4 utility. Please follow that link and see the included instructions.

Ok, well that was easy enough.

See this post (old link removed), and replace splashid with safeincloud where relevant. The test version is not localized (so works only with English strings).

Export your data as XML, and follow the basic instructions. It will look somewhat like this:

perl  convert_to_1p4.pl safeincloud -v  ~/Desktop/export.xml

where export.xml is the Safe In Cloud XML export you place on your Desktop. Example:

perl  convert_to_1p4.pl safeincloud -v  ~/Desktop/SafeInCloud_2014-10-09.xml
    Imported 15 cards
    Exported 2 creditcard items
    Exported 2 membership items
    Exported 2 passport items
    Exported 2 note items
    Exported 7 login items
    Exported 15 total items

• tons28
    tons28
    Community Member

For sure, you're welcome :) Once the rain will leave :p As i didn't have a lot of entries, i decide to create again in 1password.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2014

If you could create a test vault in 1Password, and try the converter and import the 1PIF file into the test vault, it would be nice to see how it works for you.

• ElctrShck
    ElctrShck
    Community Member

@MrC‌ I would like you to know that I just used the conversion tool and it worked great.

Thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@ElctrShck‌,

Thanks so much for letting me know, and I'm happy to hear of your success. I've updated post #5 above to redirect future users to the utility.

This discussion has been closed.