Data missing; not sure how to restore

I have 1P4 for Windows on a computer running Windows 7, with browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. At some point -- I'm not entirely sure when -- the data seems to have gone weird. There are still a bunch of login entries, with the correct title and location, but all other fields, including username and password, are blank for all of them; they still have older Modified dates (e.g. 4/12/2013) even though this is a recent change. All wallet, software, and identity entries are gone.

I sent a message in to support, but since they're pretty busy, I thought I'd ask here too. Any idea what happened or how to fix it?

I do have 1P4 for iOS that is set to Cloud sync, and that still seems -- at least last I checked -- to still have the username/password data. I can use that to manually re-enter stuff if I have to, but for obvious reasons I'd rather not. OTOH I'm afraid to poke around too much in case the info on my iPad gets overwritten by the stuff on my main computer.

Any advice/suggestions?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you're not syncing your 1Password data between your iOS device and your PC.

Is that correct?

Also, are the Login items "weird" in the browser extensions, in the main 1Password program, or in both?

• Miriam
    Miriam
    Community Member

I used to sync between Windows version and iOS; I'm not sure when/why/if that changed. I didn't deliberately stop syncing.

Both. I noticed it in one of the browser extensions (when it didn't fill in a login field correctly) and then opened the main 1P4 program. It is the same in all of those. (If it had been just the browser extension I would have suspected the Helper, but the username/password and wallet info is missing in the main program.)

I haven't saved, edited, or overwritten any login info since noticing this problem; I've been worried that it would make things more permanently wrong.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    1. You could only have been using Dropbox to sync 1Password on the PC and iOS device—is Dropbox still installed and functioning correctly on your PC?

2. Also, what's the full path to your 1Password vault, as reported on the General tab of 1Password preferences?

(If and when you determine that your 1Password data on your iOS device is "sound", and that your 1Password data on your PC is not, you can start over with a new vault, and follow the instructions in this article in the user's guide and the related article in the 1Password for iOS user's guide.)

This discussion has been closed.