Doesn't communicate

1password helper does not download. Twirling circle, 15 seconds later a blank page. No Internet extension either.Checked advance options for the 2 items that have to be unchecked. Also in Web Root checked "protect" for Agile Bits. I have windows 8. I use internet Explorer.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The helper is installed along with the main 1Password program.

Can you describe what you mean by "does not download"?

For example, when do you see the "twirling circle"?

Also, what "advance options" are you referring to?

Finally, are all the agile1p... rows make as "Protect", as described in this knowledgebase article?

• techie
    techie
    Community Member

I can open the vault, but that is as far as I can get. I cannot make it log in on my various web sites/ In the vault page, I click on HELP, then 1 password user guide, it twirls a small circle trying to open manula.com but gives me a blank page.. In Internet Explorer website I click on tools, then internet options, under security, Enable Enhanced protected mode, should be unchecked,,also Enable 64 bit processes for enhanced protected mode,that should be unchecked also. In Webroot Application protection I have three things listed, They are iexplorer.exe in c/program files,,,,,next one is iexplore.exe in c program files (x86)internet explorer,,next is agilepagent.exe in c program files (x86) 1 password 4,,,Thats all I got and they are in the protect mode. This is a new computer don.t have the websites in as I can't get this to function. I do have a windows XP computer and !password works fine.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

In the vault page, I click on HELP, then 1 password user guide, it twirls a small circle trying to open manula.com but gives me a blank page..

Just to make sure we're on the same page, please make sure you're using the latest build.

If you still have troubles getting the Help menu link to work, you can get the user's guide here:

http://guides.agilebits.com/1password-4-for-windows

In Internet Explorer website I click on tools, then internet options, under security, Enable Enhanced protected mode, should be unchecked,,also Enable 64 bit processes for enhanced protected mode,that should be unchecked also.

...and you're confirming that both are unchecked?

In Webroot Application protection I have three things listed, They are iexplorer.exe in c/program files,,,,,next one is iexplore.exe in c program files (x86)internet explorer,,next is agilepagent.exe in c program files (x86) 1 password 4,,,Thats all I got and they are in the protect mode.

You should see other 1Password-related items, as shown in this image:

This is a new computer don.t have the websites in as I can't get this to function.

If you don't have any Login items saved, 1Password won't be about to "make it log in only my various web sites." That'll come after we get things working for you.

I do have a windows XP computer and !password works fine.

That's a promising sign!

We'll do everything we can to figure out what's going on, @techie. Thanks for your patience!

• techie
    techie
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

I do have the latest build. I did get to view the help booklet using the link you posted. I am confirming that the two items are unchecked in Internet options. There is only one thing in Web Root concerning 1Password. I am thinking I don't have all the files for 1Password. I uninstalled 1Password and installed, that didn't make any difference. I use Dropbox that carried the vault information into 1Password. Lots of information in that vault but 1Password doesn't respond to them.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

I click on HELP, then 1 password user guide, it twirls a small circle trying to open manula.com but gives me a blank page...

Please download our latest BETA version, then try again

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#beta

• techie
    techie
    Community Member

Well, It is better. The help booklet downloads,,In the vault I can select a website right click, select open, then the website opens, however the Internet Explorer, 1 password icon in tool bar is "dead"...When I left click on the icon in the extension I get nothing. If the website is up to the sign up page, it does nothing. In 1 password preference, select browsers, Microsoft internet explorer is checked. Any Ideas? I really like this, It is a nice way managing passwords if it works the way it should.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

in Internet Explorer, 1Password icon in tool bar is "dead"

@techie I'm sorry you are having this problem. Here's something you can try.

1. Start IE
    2. Tools > Manage Add-ons
    3. Do you see an add-on named 1Password? If yes, is it enabled? You might need to click a button labelled "Enable" in the lower-right corner.

Assuming the 1Password add-on is enabled, here's something else you can try.

1. Start IE
    2. Tools > Internet Options
    3. Click on: Advanced
    4. Under Browsing, enable (turn ON) this setting: "Enable third-party browser extensions"
    5. Under Security, disable (turn OFF) these settings: "Enable Enhanced Protected Mode", and "Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode"
  • techie
    techie
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Svondutch---The 2 items are correct. I'm getting bummed losing 1Password.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

@technie Please follow these steps:

1. Start IE
    2. Click on the 1Password button
    3. Start 1Password
    4. Click on: Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File...

Please send your DR to here: support+windows AT agilebits DOT com

Please include a link to this forum discussion, so that we can "connect the dots". Thanks!

• techie
    techie
    Community Member

I opened internet Explorer, left click on 1 password extension and get nothing,,If I right click I get information of the various bars for the computer.

• techie
    techie
    Community Member

When I got this computer set up, I made the recovery DVD'S Do you think I should recover this system?

• techie
    techie
    Community Member

In the Vault I clicked on help, got me to a diagnostic report but it won't send, Says there is no E-mail associated with this, but I got outlook.com as default.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You need to have an application set up to handle "mailto" links.

As a simpler alternative, please follow the steps described by @svondutch in his post #10, above.

• techie
    techie
    Community Member

1 Password is not working, Referring to #14 message, That would be nice if it would work that way, Remember, the extension is there but it does nothing, if I left click on the extension it does nothing.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@techie, I'm surely missing something. :(

My reply #14 was addressing the problem with being able to e-mail a diagnostic report. Even though you have an e-mail program installed, it may not be configured to handle "mailto" links. For example, here's a screen shot from my Windows 7 system, on which "mailto:" protocol is not configured:

On that system, I'd need to save the diagnostics report, and then attach it to an e-mail message sent from within my e-mail program.

• techie
    techie
    Community Member

I hope this works, I sent you an Email with the diagnostic report. I put the word Techie on there to reference it.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Please follow up by e-mail with a link to this forum thread, so @svondutch knows he's dealing with this particular issue.

Please include a link to this forum discussion, so that we can "connect the dots". Thanks!

• techie
    techie
    Community Member

Stefan sent me an Email to do some adjustments on Webroort. Thank you Thank you, it works now, Reference #WAG-59129-174

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

For everyone else who is running WebRoot, here are the steps that made things work for @techie:

1. Open the WebRoot control panel
    2. Click on the Identity Protection gear button
    3. Disable Identity Shield

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.