Windows vs Mac

On 1Password for Mac, (my usual setup), when you go to a web site that requires a logon and the information already in 1Password is not a perfect match, 1Password for Mac asks if you want to update, new etc. On the Windows version this is not happening. Am I missing something?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If you visit a web site for which you already have a Login item saved in 1Password for Windows, and you enter either a different username or a different password and submit the form on the web site, 1Password for Windows should detect that a difference exists and offer to update or replace your existing Login item.

There are, of course, some sites that prevent that from happening as designed.

Can you give us a couple of examples of URLs where it's not behaving as designed?

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

I think is this related. A post I made earlier today, Windows version and iCloud Bug Report. The one web site I know of that is not behaving as expected is www.icloud.com.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Steve_H,

Yes, this is most likely related to your other post: Windows version and iCloud Bug Report

To make sure, you can try logging in from a different browser (i.e. Chrome or Firefox) using different login credentials, and see if you're asked to update or replace your existing Login.

This discussion has been closed.