Denying Access

Festival
Festival
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I try and open a saved login, after it goes to the webpage, it shows the following:
X 1Password
Internet Explorer is denying access to a frame because it is on some other domain other than O.Canada.com.
Please use auto type or another web browser.

Thank you

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Festival,

This is a problem with Internet Explorer, which does not allow script access to a frame that is hosted on a different domain than the current domain. In other words, the login form you're trying to fill is hosted on a different website than the one you're currently viewing. When that happens, IE doesn't allow 1Password to fill that form because it's trying to protect you from a potential cross-site scripting attack.

If you're sure that site is safe, you have a couple options:

• You can use Chrome or Firefox to log into that site with the 1Password extension.
    • You can use auto-type for that site in IE.
  • Sungju Kang
    Sungju Kang
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

I really disappoint about this reply. I used to Roboform for a year, and I changed to 1Password serval days ago for my password management. But, there is no problem about this situation while I used to Roboform, but only 1Password cannot resolve this problem.
    I cannot remember your reply - 'use chrome or fireforx instead of IE'. hmm..

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@Sungju Kang‌ that's probably because Roboform is web based and injects itself into all of the page frames. While this does let you auto-fill in cases like this it also opens you up to various attack vectors from malicious websites.

I cannot remember your reply - 'use chrome or fireforx instead of IE'. hmm..

You may have noticed that @Drew_AG's reply included two suggestions. If you insist on using IE then tick the Auto-Type option on the problematic login.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

Of course, we understand that some sites require the use of IE, because they've been coded in such a way that no other browser will display and navigate them correctly. :(

If that's the case, do let us know whether the auto-type option solves the problem for you!

This discussion has been closed.