Once program is updated, it does not accept my password

niknik1971
niknik1971
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

When I update my version of 1password (version 4.0.1.503) to the latest version it then refuses to accept my master unlock password. This problem is the same on BOTH of my computers. Is this a bug

NIK

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@niknik1971‌ @Klingende_Mynt‌ There might be a problem with your keychain. Please contact me off-list and I'll try to get this sorted out for you.

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!

• Peter_Pappas
    Peter_Pappas
    Community Member

Just some feedback. I noticed after the update is done, when opening the 1PW, it takes a touch longer to open. It almost feels like it is going to hang, but doesn't. I don't have a problem, it works fine, but just something I noticed that may be helpful.

Peter

• traxinv
    traxinv
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Also have the same problem.. Password works on Mac, iOS and on my other windows pc that has the old version:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@traxinv‌, please see @svondutch's post (#3) above.

• framat
    framat
    Community Member

same Problem, Mac and IOS is fine, Windows version doesn't accept the password since the update.
    What do do?

Thanks,
    Frank

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@niknik1971‌ @traxinv‌ @framat‌ Please download version 4.1.0.523 and try again:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

Thanks!

• niknik1971
    niknik1971
    Community Member

I sorted out the problem.
    Here is how I did it:
    On my computer I have OneDrive and Dropbox (which has the 1password password files)

I started up 1password and made sure I could login using the master password.

I then updated 1password.

I then copied:

From my OneDrive to my Dropbox folder.

You should now be able to log back into 1password

(during the fault finding I changed the master password, using the method above the master password reverted back to the original password).

I hope this is of some help to someone.

NIK

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The .agilekeychain folder is your entire 1Password data set. The .settings file is used (only by 1Password for Android, I believe) to find the .agilekeychain folder within the local Dropbox folder hierarchy.

• niknik1971
    niknik1971
    Community Member

I might not had to copy the whole lot, but it did work for me :smile:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Well, you definitely needed the entire .agilekeychain folder. It has to be transferred as a whole, unmodified, or 1Password will likely be unable to open it.

• traxinv
    traxinv
    Community Member

Awesome! The update seems to have fixed the problem. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @traxinv! Glad to hear it's working for you now. :smiley:

This discussion has been closed.