Master Password No Longer Working

Hello,

As of this morning my master password has stopped working. I am running 1Password for Windows version 4.0.1.503. I am running 1password on a machine at home, on a work laptop, and on my cell phone. This problem is affecting my work laptop and my cell phone. I can't confirm yet if the problem also affects my machine at home. The only thing I'm aware of that's changed is the Windows logon policy at work. When I logged into my computer (Windows 8) I was prompted to change my Windows password. When I tried to log in to 1Password my master password no longer worked. I've tried repairing my vault to no avail. I noticed there was a conflicted copy of .ws.agile.1Password.settings in my dropbox folder from a couple of months ago but I'm not sure if that's relevant. I also noticed that the current version of the aforementioned file only has the following in it: "1Password/1Password.agilekeychain". Not sure if that's normal or not. My work laptop does have some Kaspersky software on it. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• bfranchini
    bfranchini
    Community Member

Nevermind... It appears I simply forgot my password :(

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bfranchini,

I'm sorry to hear you forgot your master password! Can I assume you aren't able to unlock 1Password on either of your computers, or on your phone? If you think you know what the password is, but it is not being accepted, please see the tips in this guide.

If you forgot the master password and can't unlock 1Password on any device/computer, unfortunately you'll need to restore from a backup or start over. Both of these steps are documented in the guide.

This discussion has been closed.