1password Chrome extension does not work in Windows.

Options
gpspake
gpspake
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Sorry for the vague title but there are several things that don't seem to be working here.

First, I have version 4.2.4.90 of the extension installed in chrome on Windows 8. I have disabled all other chrome extensions. I can verify that the extension is sort of working because when I do ctrl+\ the menu pops up and I can click on logins > facebook at which point a new tab will open and I will be logged in to Facebook. So, I think that tells me that the extension has been set up properly... sort of.

Here are the problems.
1. I'm never prompted to add a new login: If I go to facebook.com and login, 1password doesn't do anything. I would expect it to ask me if I want to save the login. Instead, I have to go and enter the login manually on the windows app.
2. 1password doesn't seem to do anything if I go to a service that I've saved a log in for: Once I've manually entered the login for facebook.com through the 1password Windows app, if I go to facebook.com, 1password still doesn't do anything. Again, I have to ctrl+\ click on logins click on facebook and then facebook.com opens in a new tab and logs in.
3. The 1password extension key icon doesn't do anything: This is probably the most frustrating one. If I click on the key icon, nothing happens. I can right clcik on it to get the chrome options for the extension but left click does nothing. (This is the case in FF as well.)

A couple more things. I've disabled form completion and password saving in Chrome. I've tested the FF extension as well with similar although not identical issues but I primarily use Chrome so I'd like to focus on Chrome.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Which version of the main 1Password application are you running?
    Also, which version of Chrome?

• gpspake
    gpspake
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

1Password v 4.1.0.523
    Chrome v 38.0.2125.104 m

Thanks.

• j3ffB
    j3ffB
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I am having the same issue - started after upgrading to 1PW 4 for Windows. Have removed and reinstalled extension in Chrome, no results.

1Password v 4.1.0.523
    1Password Chrome extension v 4.2.4.90
    Chome v 38.0.2125.104 m
    Windows 7 SP1 64bit

• I wonder if you have third party security software blocking the necessary connections.

We have a great knowledge base entry showing the steps to configure various third party software -
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/av-am-fw-programs

Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

• gpspake
    gpspake
    Community Member
    Options

I've seen some suggestions that it might be AV related. We're using Sophos.

• gpspake
    gpspake
    Community Member
    Options

Tried this without any luck. Still having the same issues.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@gpspake @j3ffB Please turn OFF "verify web browser code signature" here: Help > Advanced.

I'm never prompted to add a new login: If I go to facebook.com and login, 1password doesn't do anything.

1. Are you sure Auto-Save is turned ON here? File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Auto-Save
    2. Are you sure you do not have a Login item for facebook.com already? This might explain why 1Password does not prompt the auto-save window.

Thanks!

• gpspake
    gpspake
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@svondutch Auto-save is enabled and I removed facebook from my saved logins since I had entered it manually. I tried logging in to dropbox, gmail and ebay too with no luck. Still no auto-save and the key icon still doesn't do anything when I click on it.

In my previous comment, I left out the knowledge base link about Sophos that I tried. This didn't seem to work either. Link: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/sophos-endpoint-antivirus

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@gpspake @j3ffB Please turn OFF "verify web browser code signature" here: Help > Advanced.

• gpspake
    gpspake
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@svondutch Bam! That did it. Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@j3ffB: Does @svondutch's suggestion help you, too?

How about the other tips in the article that @LauraRooke‌ cited?

• j3ffB
    j3ffB
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown‌ @svondutch‌ Yes, that has fixed the problem, thank-you. The article that @LauraRooke cited explains the issue adequately. I am running Kaspersky and see that turning off "verify web browser code signature" is my only option temporarily. I assume that this is a feature that was added to 1PW 4, as I was not having the same issue prior to upgrading. Have notified you guys via the "notify us" link in the Disabling code signature verification KB article, hope you can get Kaspersky to play ball sooner rather than later.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perfect, @j3ffB. Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.