2 vaults synced in Dropbox - how to switch vaults in Firefox plugin?

Options

I've set up two vaults so my wife and I can each have our own selection of logins. That seems to work fine, but I don't know how to get FireFox to switch vaults on the plugin. Is there a quick way to select a vault?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't know how to get FireFox to switch vaults on the plugin. Is there a quick way to select a vault?

1. Start 1Password
    2. Open another 1Password Vault here: File > Open 1Password Vault

From here on, both Vaults should be known to 1Password, and you should have a menu item labelled "Open 1Password Vault" when you click on the 1Password button in Firefox.

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

I can switch vaults easily in the 1Password application on my PC. The Firefox browser is still active. When I click on the key (1PW), the list that shows is still the previous vault, not the one I switched to. I've tried closing and reopening Firefox to see if that is required to switch to the current vault in the 1PW application, but that does not switch the vault associated with the plug-in.

In addition, I do not see any control in the FireFox plugin that allows me to choose a vault.

What am I not seeing?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nazbuster, what version of the 1Password extension is installed in Firefox? You can find that version in the Add-ons section of Firefox.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nazbuster Have you followed these steps?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nazbuster‌, does this not work for you?

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

Nope.. I have the older add-in for 1PW. The new one fails with an error of not finding the Helper application. Here's my window when clicking the key:

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

and my Add-on version:

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

and this when I use the later Add-on:

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

Here's what's running in my system:

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

OK, Here's the issue (RESOLVED): I kept asking the application for the latest updates and it responds that I have the latest. Turns out I don't. There was a new release. I had to download and install release 4 before the Add-on for 4 would be accepted. Now I get a menu when clicking the key.

That was the issue all along. I didn't have Version 4.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the screen shots, @Nazbuster. That's how I realized you're using 1Password 1 for Windows, which require the 3.x extensions.

We think you'll find 1Password 4 for Windows vastly improved, especially when you install the 4.x extensions with which it's designed to work.

• Nazbuster
    Nazbuster
    Community Member
    Options

Since there is an explicit function to request updates, it might be helpful if it returned a message that a new version was available and ask to download it. Instead, it told me I was current.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't know what build number you were using, but the latest build does just that, so other version 1 users will see a message that version 4 is available.

This discussion has been closed.