Multiple Dropboxs for Multiple vaults

Options
eleethesontai
eleethesontai
Community Member

on the iPhone version of 1password i am able to log into multiple accounts on dropbox and add the vaults. However on the mac i can only add my dropbox stored on my user account. So how do i add other vaults from other dropbox's on mac?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This guide is for how to add secondary vaults in 1Password 4 for Mac. What is more pertinent to you though is that you have to share folders in one Dropbox with your main Dropbox account. You'll need to do this at least once for each additional Dropbox account you have other than your primary account - how many folders will be dependent on if you have multiple vaults in some accounts and if they're in separate folders or not. Your limitation here is how Dropbox on OS X works as I believe it only allows you to be logged into one account (unless you have a business account too - I'm sure I read that somewhere).

• Hi @eleethesontai‌,

How are you accessing multiple Dropbox accounts in the same OS X account? Are you using Dropbox for Business?

If you are, you should be able to just double-click on the data file in the business folder and 1Password will open it to let you import it into your 1Password database.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Dropbox Encore is also a viable alternative for those not on business accounts. I have used it for years. But @MikeT 's post is relevant just double click on the data file.

If you are talking about how to get the vaults to where you can access them. @littlebobbytables hit it spot on with shared folders within Dropbox.

This discussion has been closed.