1P keychain

NovaScotian
NovaScotian
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
There is a locked 1P keychain visible in the Keychain Access.app and I've forgotten the password to unlock it. Should I care? (I'm running 10.5.8, 1P2, if that matters).

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    There is a locked 1P keychain visible in the Keychain Access.app and I've forgotten the password to unlock it. Should I care? (I'm running 10.5.8, 1P2, if that matters).

I'm guessing strongly that it's just leftover from your 1Password 2 days before you switched to the Agile keychain format. We purposefully did not delete the 1Password.keychain file so that in those days you could switch back to the OS X keychain format. You can safely delete the file from your ~/Library/Keychains folder at this point if you like.
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Does the same advice apply to a key in my user's keychain entitled "1Password Channel Code-" followed by 32 alphameric characters. Should I trash that too?
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Does the same advice apply to a key in my user's keychain entitled "1Password Channel Code-" followed by 32 alphameric characters. Should I trash that too?

Yes, that is no longer needed and can be deleted.
This discussion has been closed.