Suggestion 1Password API for thirdparty software

0xced
0xced
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
An API for developers to integrate into their own applications would be a good thing. And by API, I mean something like an embeddable Cocoa 1Password.framework.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 1969
    0xced wrote:
    An API for developers to integrate into their own applications would be a good thing. And by API, I mean something like an embeddable Cocoa 1Password.framework.

This is an interesting thought. Is the idea that then non-browsers could have logins filled? I wonder how many developers would invest the time...
  • 0xced
    0xced
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I was thinking about automatically filling the user credit card information for apps that have integrated purchase process. That would be awesome.
  • 0xced
    0xced
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Anyway, I've written my own API thanks to the WebKitExtension.bundle. A bit of +[OPBrowserPlugin install], +[UnlockKeychainController unlock:] and a few others and there you go. But obviously, a real API sanctioned by Agile Web Solutions would be better. ;-)
  • doogie
    edited December 1969
    I'd like it so that I could write something to let me selectively remove dups or quickly remove multiple passwords from my vast number of passwords.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for the feedback, doogie. Welcome to the forums!
This discussion has been closed.