Extension Chrome problem

Options

Hi everyone, I'm new here and need some help :smile:

I've recently changed my gmail password but my Chrome extension seems to remember my last password even though I deleted and updated it to the new one within the app. I tried everything I could think of: I completely removed my e-mail account from 1password, deleted the extension and then i created a new one with my current password. Unfortunately i'm still having trouble to log in using the extension. I need to copy my correct password manually from a secure note. Every other account works fine.

I'm also using 1password for iPhone (Dropbox sync) and it has my correct password. If I add some new item, it will sync correctly. Same when I update some other passwords.

I'm open for any suggestions so what do you guys think? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member
    Options

Go to Chrome settings, advanced, show advanced settings, then manage passwords. Search for Gmail, then use the "X" to kill that password saved in Chrome.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As noted in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, we always recommend disabling the browser's built-in password-saving and -filling features.

• creativeopinion
    creativeopinion
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@hawkstr @‌DBrown

I checked in settings -> show advanced settings -> manage passwords and I don't have my gmail there. I'll try to explain one more time. When I unlock my 1password chrome extension with my master password i can copy my password for gmail from the list of my favorites and then when i'm checking it in for example let's say in sticky notes I can see that it's not my current password. At the same time i can log in to my 1password app and i can see that my password is correct.

I have only one vault. Even on my iPhone i can see that password is correct and the data is syncing using Dropbox. So why the extension doesn't seem to recognize that I've changed my password? I'm not sure what i can do more because I've tried to remove gmail from 1password, delete extension and repeat the process by adding a new new account, like for the first time. The extension still has my previous password but the main app has the correct one.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@creativeopinion‌ What version of the 1Password extension for Chrome are you running?

• creativeopinion
    creativeopinion
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch‌

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member
    Options

The extension version I am using for Chrome is 4.2.5.90

• creativeopinion
    creativeopinion
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@svondutch‌ @hawkstr‌

Ok now i'm using 4.2.5.90 but nothing changed. It still sees my previous password.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@creativeopinion‌, can you clarify what it is that "sees [your] previous password"?

Neither the main 1Password program nor the 1Password extension interacts with Chrome's built-in password manager in any way, and the involvement of Chrome's built-in password manager is making it hard for me to understand what you're describing.

• creativeopinion
    creativeopinion
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@DBrown‌

I'm not talking about Chrome's built-in manager (you & hawkstr suggested that it might be a problem and i checked in settings) I'm talking about 1Password extension. When i log in it contains (sees) my previous password. I changed it about 42 days ago. I also logged in to Chrome using my new password so I don't understand where is the problem and why the main app has my correct password but the extension don't. How they communicate? Anyway don't get me wrong. I appreciate that you're trying to help.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@creativeopinion‌ Can you contact me off-forum, please?

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!

• creativeopinion
    creativeopinion
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch‌

Nevermind. It's my fault. I don't how it happened but I had two passwords for the same gmail account. Anyway i deleted it once again and created new one. Now everything works fine.

Thank you guys.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@creativeopinion‌ No problem. I'm glad things are working for you now. Thank you for using 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.