Issue with identities

Options

Hi,
i got 1Password for IOS, OSX and Windows and sync it through dropbox. There's no problem with IOS and OSX, but when I edit and save an identity in Windows it'll add most fields twice. The reason must be the language, as the fields are the original ones in german and the new ones in englisch. As there is no german translation on windows how could I prevent this behaviour?

Furthermore I haven't found the "Password" item. I got my passwords synced through Dropbox and they'll show up correct but I can't edit them, so I can't just duplicate an entry.

Last question:
Is it planned to expand the secure notes in any way in further versions? As it could be used for short notices very nice, but I miss the possibility to change the font to bold, insert tables, and such nice formatting things.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There's no problem with iOS and OSX, but when I edit and save an identity in Windows it'll add most fields twice. The reason must be the language, as the fields are the original ones in German and the new ones in English.

Are you seeing this problem with Identities only? Or are you seeing this with other item types, too?

Furthermore I haven't found the "Password" item.

View > Generated Passwords

Is it planned to expand the secure notes in any way in further versions? As it could be used for short notices very nice, but I miss the possibility to change the font to bold, insert tables, and such nice formatting things.

I know of no such plans. Sorry.

• Gerrit
    Gerrit
    Community Member
    Options

The other items seem to work fine. I've tested Software, Accounts (Mail, Router), Logins. It'll show up the german translation in the editor so it seems to save it in the correct way then. Only in identities it'll show up the english value instead of the german one in the editor.

Thanks for the hint with the passwords, it was disabled in my setting ;) But editing isn't possible. Is that a wanted feature?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

editing isn't possible. Is that a wanted feature?

Yes this is by design. Those passwords are generated by the strong password generator. We keep them as a backup should things go wrong during auto-save.

• Gerrit
    Gerrit
    Community Member
    Options

ok, thanks for the information

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're glad to help, @Gerrit‌.

Thank you for using 1Password!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

when I edit and save an identity in Windows it'll add most fields twice. The reason must be the language, as the fields are the original ones in german and the new ones in englisch.

@Gerrit Fixed in 4.2.1.BETA-551

This discussion has been closed.