1Password Stuck Loading at "Checking for updates" - can't access vault!

Options
FatMagic
FatMagic
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello!

When I first installed 1Password (in demo mode), the program initially would not load. When I would open it from the Shortcut, or from the System Tray icon - it would instantly load the "Checking for updates" pop-up box, and then freeze at that point. It would never move beyond that point. Stays frozen.

I gave up on it for the day, and came back to it a day or two later, and suddenly it was working! I used it for a few weeks flawlessly.

Then I purchased a full license today. Added the license key. Suddenly it's back to where it was weeks ago. The "Checking for updates" pop-up box is back, and it's frozen. I can't do anything with it.

I've tried restarting the PC, I've tried force quitting the process via Task Manager... neither have worked to resolve it. And I really need a password that's in there, and I can't access it!

Attached is a screenshot of what I'm staring at indefinitely!

Frozen Update Screen

Help!

EDIT:
Also, I run Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Anti-virus. But I do not use the Browser Extensions (I did not allow them to be installed), I'm only using 1Password as a "desktop password vault". Just additional info.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.