BMO Issues after upgrade to 4x

Options
GizmoGorilla
GizmoGorilla
Community Member
edited October 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Am I the only one under windows having an issue with bmo? I see lots of people with macs are, but I did a search under the windows forum and found none. I've never had a problem logging to to bmo under v3x but now with v4 I am. What happens is on the first page for the account number 1P will enter the number, I see it , then the cursor moves back to the beginning of the field and removes it. I have tried creating a new entry but with the same result. On the other hand when I manually enter the account number and go to the password page 1P correctly enters the info and I get logged in OK. Its just the first page that isn't working. As I have several bmo accounts this is pretty annoying. Any advice??

1Password version 4.1.0.526 (no updates detected)

Firefox v32.03

Firefox plugin v4.2.4

Windows 7

Thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GizmoGorilla, what's BMO?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Bank of Montreal
    bmo.com

• GizmoGorilla
    GizmoGorilla
    Community Member
    Options

Not a peep on this??
    Can someone at least acknowledge this issue please...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Please don't be angy, @GizmoGorilla‌—we've been swamped by support requests related to the release of iOS 8 and our 1Password for iOS upgrade, and we're replying as quickly as we can here in the forums and at our support e-mail addresses. Thanks for your patience.

What is the exact URL you're visiting? We'll visit it, too, and try to reproduce the problem.

• GizmoGorilla
    GizmoGorilla
    Community Member
    Options

No no, Im not angry. Sorry if you got that impression. Your response is all I needed to know that someone was there.
    The BMO site I go to is...

https://www1.bmo.com/onlinebanking/cgi-bin/netbnx/NBmain?product=1

There are two entry fields. I use the credit card field.

Sorry for the impression I left you.

Thanks!

• GizmoGorilla
    GizmoGorilla
    Community Member
    Options

Ok...my profile pic did look a little angry. It was the default when I set up my account here. This should be better... :wink:

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nice avatar! I'm looking into that URL, now.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

I've confirmed that 1Password doesn't offer to save (create) a Login item for that URL, because there's no "password" field on the page.

I created a Login item for that URL in the main 1Password program, and tried again.

I can confirm that 1Password didn't fill the form with the value I had saved (in the username field, because it seemed like the closes fit) of the Login item I had created.

Two solutions:

• OK: Edit the Login item created in the main 1Password program, enabling the auto-type option for that Login item.

1Password correctly fills the saved value into the form at that URL.

• Better: Fill in the credit card field; click on the 1Password icon in the Firefox toolbar; choose Settings > Save new Login; save the Login item.

1Password correctly fills the saved value into the form at that URL.

As noted in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase, the latter method is always recommended as a first step, in this situation:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/save-login-manually-win

• GizmoGorilla
    GizmoGorilla
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that. I will give it a try this weekend and let you know...

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great!

• GizmoGorilla
    GizmoGorilla
    Community Member
    Options

OK I've tried it and it failed....but I did get it to work... eventually

First I created a new entry...
    Enabled auto-type as you suggested.
    Result was that the credit card info was entered into the debit card field and truncated. I needed it in
    the credit card field.

Disabling the auto type for the new entry caused the card number to get entered in the proper field but then it's immediately removed leaving an empty field.

The command sequence that was generated by a new login was...

FBC_Number Text none
    saveFBCCheckBox checkbox none
    FBC_Nickname text none
    siMasterCard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx text username
    saveMCCheckBox checkbox none
    siMasterCardNickName text none

Through trial and error, I eventually found that removing the first line, "FBC_Number Text none", solved everything. Doing so filled in the proper credit card # field and with auto-submit on it takes me to the next page for the password...

Further more, I removed all but, the single line that entered the card number (siMasterCard) and it still worked.
    So it seems all is well now. Not sure what all the extra lines are for, they didnt seem to have any effect in the long run except for the first one breaking things...

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, they're not commands in a sequence (which had me confused until I'd read it a few times). They're the fields on the web form. When the 1Password extension creates a Login from the current web page, it saves all the fields on the form. (That's one of the reasons it's better to let 1Password save the Login than to create it yourself in the main program.)

Without knowing what value was saved for the FBC_Number field, it's hard to imagine why its mere presence was having a negative impact. It's great to hear that you discovered that, though—thanks for letting us know!

• GizmoGorilla
    GizmoGorilla
    Community Member
    Options

We know the value for the FCB_Number field, its blank. The only value entered by 1P was for siMasterCard. All the other fields had a blank under the "Value" column and under the "designation" column the value was "none". So a missing value for FCB_Number caused the failure?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

So a missing value for FCB_Number caused the failure?

It would seem so, based on the results of your experimentation, yes...at least assuming the value saved was truly nil, rather than a space or some other value. That's what I meant by "knowing what value was saved."

This discussion has been closed.