MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility (mrc-converter-suite)

Options

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @ThePhantom ,

Can you describe the wrong "group" problem?

• ThePhantom
    ThePhantom
    Community Member
    Options

I had created groups like notes, serial numbers etc... it didn't create those groups. Safeincloud did convert and create. But its lack of support on agilebit. but its overall the best manager i bought so far. others lack features so does this. but i need wifi syncing. Some others i bought that do have built in converters for many types do not wifi sync they use dropbox and other cloud services. They need a way to change the card type for users that converted and need to put it into a different type. I have over 600 items stored. Thank you for all your hard work.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ThePhantom ,

The converter will take the Keepass2 grouping and place it in 1Password's Tags. It will also place items in Folders if you supply the --folder option.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@mclarenm,

Are you still needing the Lockbox Pro converter?

• zibba
    zibba
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @MrC :

i have try to use your script to transform the keepass 2 xml file to 1 passwod. i follow your pdf guide but get the error message, could you help to check:

os version: win 7 enterprise x64
    1 password version: 4.6.0.604
    keepass version: 2.32

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @zibba,

It looks like you are missing the Date::Calc module. It is required to perform the date manipulations used by the converters. Go ahead and try to install it again:

cpan date::calc

and rerun the conversion.

• zibba
    zibba
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MrC:

thank you for your help

for my environment, i use it in office and the internet access behind the proxy.
    so i need to add proxy setting in cpan, it's a complicated.
    If you have same issue with me, you can refer this linkHow to Change Proxy IP in CPAN Configuration

• zibba
    zibba
    Community Member
    Options

The stranger things happen, i mean looks the perl is working and i get the import file but in 1 password it import just 0 items.

• zibba
    zibba
    Community Member
    Options

by the way, i use 1 password for windows(trial)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @zibba,

It looks like the conversion completed successfully. I'm not sure why 1Password would be having troubles importing the 1PIF. It could the trial version, which may only import a limited number of items (I don't recall this being an issue in the past). It could be you have some Asian Unicode character that is tripping up 1Password.

Are you sure you imported the named 1PIF file?

Otherwise, I wonder if the AgileBits folks can help isolate the matter. There is essentially no diagnostic information available when 1Password refused to import a file.

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I downloaded both the stable bits and testing bits and when I got to 3a of the Readme instructions, to unzip the Strawberry Perl archive, I've checked everywhere in the convert_to-1p4 file and don't find a Strawberry Perl to unzip. I'm working on a Windows Server 2008 machine and am trying to convert from KeePass2. Thanks.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @JoelHoward,

Strawberry Perl is a download you must perform. From the README:

On Windows, a Perl interpreter is required, and you will need the free Strawberry Perl. Download the latest portable version of Strawberry Perl, selecting the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit version. When you are done with the conversion, you may delete the extracted portable version of Strawberry Perl and its zip file. Some additional modules are required, and installation instructions are noted in the sub-steps of Step 3 below.

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

Ooops. My bad. Thanks!

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

Need help with step 3b with Windows. When Entering the following command into Window’s Search programs and files box C:\myperl\portableshell.bat and hitting Enter, the portableshell.bat file opens in txt format. At that point, do I add those commands from 3c to 3f to the .txt file, then launch the portableshell.bat in perl? or do I launch the portableshell.bat in perl and then type those commands in at the prompt? Thanks. Sorry, I've been given this task and I obviously have no perl or scripting experience at all.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @JoelHoward,

Enter C:\myperl\ to open the folder. Double-click the portableshell.bat file. That should launch it (it will open a Windows command shell window, pre-configured with the required Perl settings). If not, right-click, and Run.

You may have your Open command for .bat files set to Edit.

• JoelHoward
    JoelHoward
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That got me in. I typed each command through cd to the \convert_to_1p4 folder (Where both the convert_to_1p4.pl file and my keepass export file, pm_export.txt reside. When I ran the command: perl convert_to_1p4.pl keepass2 -v ..\pm_export.txt it came back with an error stating:

C:\User info (I blocked this out for this post)\convert_to_1p4_1.08\onepassword-utilities\c
    onvert_to_1p4>perl convert_to_1p4.pl keepass2 -v ..\pm_export.txt
    Uncaught exception from user code:
    Cannot open file '..\pm_export.txt' at C:/myperl/perl/site/lib/XML/XPath
    .pm line 117.
    XML::XPath::new("XML::XPath", "filename", "..\pm_export.txt") called at
    Converters/Keepass2.pm line 58
    Converters::Keepass2::do_import("..\pm_export.txt", undef) called at co
    nvert_to_1p4.pl line 123

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

@JoelHoward,

The problem would be that you've not moved the convert_to_1p4 folder onto your Desktop. That's OK, just add one more ..\ onto your path:

perl convert_to_1p4.pl keepass2 -v ..\..\pm_export.txt

• zibba
    zibba
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MrC:

thanks

i will try two way:
    1. delete the Chinese in keepass note then export again
    2. purchase 1 password license

thank you for your patient help

• RohanMaxlLancaster
    RohanMaxlLancaster
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there Mr C, love your work here.

I am running OS X El Capitan 10,11,4 and trying to export my Keychain (Version 9.0) files into 1Password Version 6.1. Which I have just purchased.

In the section where you describe copying and pasting the Applescript as such...

"To create an AppleScript to perform the Allow action for you, launch Applications > Utilities > Script Editor. Copy the AppleScript code below, and paste it into the upper area of the open script edit entry area."

I am not so great with this technical stuff and actually don't know what you mean by the "upper area of the open script edit entry area". I have an option to create a new document. Is that what I should do to progress?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers Rohan

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi @RohanMaxlLancaster ,

Thanks!

You can just Click OK a gazillion times. Ignore the AppleScript creation.

If you want to use the script to do the OK for you, yes, Create a new script document, and then you'll see where to paste the code.

• RohanMaxlLancaster
    RohanMaxlLancaster
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MrC, I got further this time. But the conversion failed. This is the message I got back in the Terminal window.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at convert_to_1p4.pl line 15.
    [rohan-lancasters-Computer:~/Desktop] rohanlan%

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks again, Rohan

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi @RohanMaxlLancaster ,

Which version of the script are you using? You should try the 1.09 version in Testing Bits.

Is the anything more in the command window? That error message seems too brief.

• RohanMaxlLancaster
    RohanMaxlLancaster
    Community Member
    Options

I feel like I've missed a step somewhere.
    I'm not using Testing Bits, I'm using the other one. And the rest of the error message is thus:

[rohan-lancasters-Computer:~] rohanlan% cd '/Users/rohanlan/Desktop/' && /usr/bin/perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl keychain '/Users/rohanlan/Desktop/pm_export.txt' -v
    Can't locate Utils/PIF.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.16 /Network/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.16 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.16.3 /System/Library/Perl/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.16 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.16 .) at convert_to_1p4.pl line 15.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at convert_to_1p4.pl line 15.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

@RohanMaxlLancaster ,

If the 1.08 version works for you, its OK to use it. There was at least one Keychain fix, but that might apply only to iCloud-based keychains.

Here's the issue:

Can't locate Utils/PIF.pm

You have changed directories to your Desktop, but should be in the convert_to_1p4 folder where the convert_to_1p4.pl script file and other folders such as Utils, etc. reside. It appears you have moved the converter_to_1p4.pl file outside of the converter_to_1p4 folder. Don't do that! :-)

• RohanMaxlLancaster
    RohanMaxlLancaster
    Community Member
    Options

I did do that. It wasn't seeing it on the desktop before, so I moved it onto the desktop. Should I just put it back?

• RohanMaxlLancaster
    RohanMaxlLancaster
    Community Member
    Options

When i change it back, this is what I get:

[rohan-lancasters-Computer:~] rohanlan% cd '/Users/rohanlan/Desktop/' && /usr/bin/perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl keychain '/Users/rohanlan/Desktop/pm_export.txt' -v
    Can't open perl script "convert_to_1p4.pl": No such file or directory

By the way, you're a truely excellent fellow.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

@RohanMaxlLancaster ,

Change your command (fragment):

cd '/Users/rohanlan/Desktop/' &&

to:

cd '/Users/rohanlan/Desktop/convert_to_1p4' &&

• RohanMaxlLancaster
    RohanMaxlLancaster
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, now I'm lost. Where do I change that command?

Which step have I missed?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

@RohanMaxlLancaster,

I'm not sure from where you got this command:

cd '/Users/rohanlan/Desktop/' && /usr/bin/perl5.16 convert_to_1p4.pl keychain '/Users/rohanlan/Desktop/pm_export.txt' -v

because it is not in the README. I'm guessing you've found it here in the forums, as other users are trying to be clever and issue both the cd command and the perl command on the same line.

The README states you should CD into the correct folder:

cd  ~/Desktop/convert_to_1p4

hit Enter, and then issue the command:

perl convert_to_1p4.pl  keychain  ../pm_export.txt -v

and hit Enter. I suggest using individual commands so that we can diagnose what goes wrong when something does.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Options

@RohanMaxlLancaster ,

By the way, had you followed the README, you would have discovered a nice shortcut for Mac users. All you needed to do was unzip the archive, and drag your exported keychain file onto the AppleScript Conversion Helper. It walks you through the rest... ;-)

This discussion has been closed.