How do we force 1P to update a log-in's outdated icons?

Options
soundsgoodtome
soundsgoodtome
Community Member

I've been using 1P for years, and I decided to browse through to see what can be pruned. A number of (usually) older log-ins have either no icon or a poor-quality one. Yet, many of those same web sites now have updated icons available (which I've confirmed by choosing "Add to Home Screen" on the iPhone or iPad and observing that there's a nice, large, crisp icon).

In some cases it's obvious because the the company has long since replaced an old icon with a newer one, but 1P still displays the old one.

How do I get 1P to update these icons?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Do you have the preference to use rich icons set to on? If not, turn that on. If so, I'd try toggling it off and then back on. If you added your own custom icons to your records, that will override the rich icon setting. In that case, enter edit mode, delete the icon, save, and then let the rich icon server do its work.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted your other identical post.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @soundsgoodtome‌,

We are currently working on migrating our image server that handles the rich icons, so at this time, no updates to icons are being done.

However, if there are a few that are in desperate need of a facelift, please pass the URLs along to me, and I'll send them to our image gurus. :)

This discussion has been closed.