Complete uninstall/reinstall of 1p v5.0 (MAS) and uninstall of all previous/beta releases

Options
pst
pst
Community Member

I've been using 1p for a very very long time... (back to v2 or v1?). I've got old keychains, old stuff in ~/Library/Preferences, etc.
As part of leaving Dropbox syncing in favor of iCloud syncing in 1p version 5, there is one Mac in particular that I'd like to wipe out ALL of my legacy stuff from.

It's currently running the MAS version of 1p v5 under Yosemite. My first question is, how do I completely wipe v5? The delete via mission control method isn't removing everything. I tried it, reinstalled, and at first it would hang at "Let's get started..." and the later it seemed to recover my old vault (which I don't want to recover). I moved the backups out of the way, moved anything I could detect having to do with Agile or 1Password or 1Passwd (yeah, that old) out of the way. I'm a bit stumped. I'm command line savvy.

Secondly, how do I nuke all of the legacy and beta stuff going back to 2008? There is a lot of cruft in there over the years (thank you for being conservative, but it's time for a cleanup).

Love you guys!

Comments

• Hi @pst,

Your 1Password data is stored separately from your 1Password app files, that's why removing it from LaunchPad (I assume you meant LaunchPad, not Mission Control) won't reset the data.

I'm going to take a guess you removed the data in Home > Library > Application Support > 1Password 4 (and 1Password), which would be the right place for the website/beta versions of 1Password but the Mac App Store apps stores data in a separate location which is: Home > Library > Containers.

From there, you should see your 1Password data in the 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper folder. Before proceeding, make sure both 1Password and 1Password mini is closed by opening 1Password, go to the 1Password Menu, and hold the Control key before selecting Quit 1Password and 1Password mini. After this, you can archive this folder by moving it to your storage drive.

You can learn more in our Starting over guide here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/5/en/topic/starting-over

I hope this helps.

• pst
    pst
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Mike! I kept searching for Uninstall as opposed to fresh start. Best!

• You're welcome! I'm glad it helped.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.