Browser Extension Not Working

Options

I recently started to use 1password and planned to buy the software for windows as i am using ios and syncing. Awesome software but it get me super frustrated to not working in chrome and firefox for saving loging or detecting my saved entry in my vault. could found anything online that able to help me get it working
Using windows 7 with latest chrome and firefox, windows firewall off, no other firewall client, using kaspersky v14, doesnt use any proxy and i dont know where went wrong. websocket should be already enable in both browser. but it just wont detect anything for extension in chrome. the only functional button send me to this page always https://agilebits.com/onepassword.
How can i get it to connect and syn with the login i have in my windows vault.
restart 1password helper doesnt help; couldnot get it to work on two of my computers

please direct me to where ever guide if to make it work need specified setup.
how can i send the diagnostic report?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

@alvinleongcw‌ Please click on this: Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let us know if the Verify web browser code signature option is already disabled, of course.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I had the same problem. Clean install of 1Password 4 and Chrome browser extension. But the 1Password button won't do anything. Found this thread and as you suggested deactivated Help > Advanced > Verify…

Now the extension works, but as I understand it, this is not a safe thing to do, right?

1Password 3 extension worked like a charme, the update to 1Password 4 broke it.

Oh yeah, this is Windows 8.1 and Chrome 38.0.2125.104 I'm using here. At work I have a Windows 7 machine and there the browser extension works just fine. Shouldn't make a difference, but who knows.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Just to make sure I checked with my PC at work. Turns out, although I use the latest version of 1Password the extension is an older one. I'm running version 3.9.21.90, instead of 4.2.4.90 which is deactivated.

The reason for this was that Chrome on OS X used the newer version while Chrome on Windows used the older one as long as 1Password 4 for Windows wasn't released (and since I sync my browsers between the OSes I ended up with both plugin versions installed on every system).

Funny enough the older extension works just fine with Help > Advanced > Verify… activated.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@tmfsd fyi, this problem is normally caused by an Antivirus program being overbearing. In the OP's case it's Kaspersky which is well known on these forums for breaking stuff.

• alvinleongcw
    alvinleongcw
    Community Member
    Options

ohh, i missed out the reply cause never receive email notification.
    but hey, it works now!!!!!! Awesome, thanks..now i can focus on switching to 1password from export and convert to 1password.
    By the way, if there is a easy way and better way to export convert utilities please let me know.
    As i tried with the simple export function in keepass doesnt work and give a mess of data when import to 1password

• alvinleongcw
    alvinleongcw
    Community Member
    Options

hi, found another problem, scenario is i used the same login name and password for two website and try to create only one login detail with few URL added to that login saved in 1password. This method can be use in my iphone 1password for many website as long as i add in additional url into same login. However, i notice chrome extension wont recognise the 2nd URL in the login. It only recognise the first one. Is this normal?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

i notice chrome extension wont recognise the 2nd URL in the login. It only recognise the first one.

@alvinleongcw‌ Please turn ON this setting: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Logins > "Lenient URL matching"

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@RichardPayne‌ Any idea how I can prevent Kaspersky from blocking 1Password? I added it as an exception, but so far that changed nothing. :(

Anyway, the old browser extension still works, so I might as well use that from now on.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmfsd‌, have you tried the tips in the Kaspersky article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown Yes, I've seen it, but it only says I should disable code signature verification, right? Or is there another article?

I'm not sure why I should disable it, when I can use the older browser extension (version 3.9.21.90) instead and keep code signature verification enabled.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If nothing else, it might help us narrow down the list of possible causes of the problem.

Likewise, temporarily disabling Kaspersky altogether, to see whether that solves the problem, would help us track down the culprit.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I tried and added 1Password to Kaspersky's exception list, but that doesn't change anything

When I disable code signature verification the latest version of the browser plugin works, as you recommended in your knowledgebase article.
    But I guess its not a very good idea.

When I disable Kaspersky instead, it also works, so clearly there's the problem.

Not sure what else I could do to help you guys out. :neutral_face:

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmfsd My colleague @AlexHoffmann‌ tells me you'll need to update to Kaspersky version v15.0.1.415.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes, we've updated the forum post and the knowledgebase article to mention the need to be running version 15.0.1.415 (or later) of Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, currently available from their web site if your system doesn't update automatically.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, thanks. I'll report later if it worked.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your help, @tmfsd.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Okay, I can happily report, it worked. Version 15.0.1.415 does the trick.

Originally I had a version 14… installed. I renewed my license (it would've been due in a few days anyway) and received a version 15.0.0.463, which did not work. I had then to download the newer version manually from Kaspersky because it didn't seem to want to update itself. And now it works.

Thank you guys for your help.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That’s great news, @tmfsd—thanks for letting us know!

We're always happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.