Happy to Purchase, But ...

Options

I run legacy Mac OS 10.4 and 10.6 on separate computers for mission critical purposes. And I recently installed 1Password on each of these machines, versions 2.12.1 and 3.8.22 respectively. Now on the OS 10.6 machine I am being notified that my 30-day trial is nearly over and that I need to purchase the SW. Well, I don't see how to purchase anything other than the latest versions. Also the notice indicates that if I have less than 20 entries I can avoid both the notice and paying. And that is the case (only 10), but the reminder dialog keeps popping up regardless. Well, I have no problem paying (just to get rid of the notice, or any other peril), it's just that I don't see how. Please advise.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I think that if you buy the current version, you can email their support and they will send you a license key for the older version. At least for version 3, not sure about version 2.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

support+license@agilebits.com if I am not mistaken

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @grifco,

Just to confirm what @Xe997 and @thightower‌ have said, we'll be happy to provide you with some legacy licenses for your older systems. :)

• CarolJ
    CarolJ
    Community Member
    Options

I have Maverick 10.9.5 and not enough space (grrr..) to upgrade to Yosemite. I then decided that I should upgrade to 1password4 but find that's next to impossible. I can't seem to do that - what am I missing?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CarolJ,

It shouldn't be impossible to update to 1Password 4, I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble! Did you purchase version 3 from the Mac App Store or the AgileBits webstore?

• CarolJ
    CarolJ
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan:
    Thank you for responding - i purchased from the AgileBits webstore

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CarolJ,

Thanks for confirming that, Carol! I was able to find a license for 1Password 3 in our back office records using the email address attached to your forum account. I'm re-sending you the details, in case you need them.

Now, it is not possible at this time to purchase a license for 1Password 4 from our store, but a version 5 license will include the ability to use 1Password 4 - with the added benefit that when you are able to update to Yosemite, you'll have a shiny new version 5 license waiting for you!

Please head on over to our upgrade page and enter your current license information in the field provided to see your discount on a license upgrade.

You can download 1Password 4 from our downloads page, just scroll to the bottom and look for the 'Legacy' versions. 1Password 4 should detect your data in 1Password 3 and prompt you to unlock with your Master Password. We have a User Guide to help you with set-up.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

ref: 244301

• CarolJ
    CarolJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thank up Megan -- greatly appreciated - and just love this product!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CarolJ,

Thanks so much for your kind words about 1Password - I'm glad you're enjoying it! If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.