Autofill (CTRL + \) takes multiple presses to work for many sites

LukeAu
LukeAu
Community Member
edited November 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I looked at various threads with similar issues, most of them closed off, so I thought I'd start a new one to better articulate the issue I am experiencing. This started in version 3 and has in my opinion got worse in version 4. It's random, sometimes auto fill will just work but several times a day it simply doesn't the first try.

Symptoms:

1. Navigate to any site you have a saved password for
  2. Press CTRL + \ to auto login
  3. The 1Password Search window appears asking you to pick a site to login to? This shouldn't happen.
  4. You close this silly window and press CTRL + \ again and viola, most of the time, it will log you in

It's frustrating to say the least.

Computer Windows 8.1, 16GB RAM. Affected browser Firefox and IE11. Thoughts?

Also to clarify for all of these sites I am on the login page, with the username and password boxes visible and ready to be populated. I also say it's random as it occurs on cycling sites, bank sites, music sites, forums (even these ones), etc.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Can you list the URLs of some of the sites on which you're experiencing this problem?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Navigate to any site you have a saved password for. Press CTRL + \ to auto login. The 1Password Search window appears asking you to pick a site to login to? This shouldn't happen.

Why not? If you have multiple Login items for the same web site, then 1Password has no way of knowing which one you want/need.

This discussion has been closed.