FEATURE REQUEST: Include billing address for credit card items

Using an identity card is useful, but it can sometimes interfere with another card like when you use a credit card to fill out additional information in the online form.

For example, I'm logged into my merchant's website to make a payment. There are the usual fields on the web page: name, billing address, phone number, credit card number, etc.

I choose my Credit Card item to fill out the information pertinent to the credit card (number, security code, etc.). I then choose the identity card in 1Password to fill out the contact information.

When I do this, the name field changes if the names in each item are different (e.g., Robert vs. Bob).

My proposed solution

Redesign the credit card item to include a billing address and other information you might find on your average payment web page.

Benefits:

• Credit Card items would offer a one-stop shop approach to filling out said web pages. Besides, including this information in a Credit Card item just makes so much sense.
  • No need to use more than one card, but if you do, no fields will be overwritten by another card.
  • No need to create multiple Identity cards just so they can match the address needed for whatever credit card is used.

Can this be planned for development in the near future?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We never say "never," @phoenixrizing‌, so thanks for letting us know that would be useful to you!

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member

Thanks, DBrown, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm being brushed aside based on how I'm interpreting your response.

I apologize if I've misunderstood you, but to be clear, I'm not making this request to just benefit myself. I truly think this has some merit and will no doubt benefit other users as well. :)

It goes without saying that AgileBits has done some level of competitive analysis, but I would hope this is one area where the decision-makers have placed something like this on their development radar and to have it available sooner rather than later.

What 1Password calls "Identities", LastPass calls "Form Fill Profiles" and this is one place--I'm sorry to say--where it has 1Password firmly in its shadow.

One profile in LastPass gives a user 6 tabs at their disposal to enter such information as:

1. personal information (name, birthday, SSN, company name, address, time zone, etc.
    2. contact information (email address, three phone numbers plus one for fax)
    3. credit card information (credit card number, security code, type of card, name)
    4. bank account information (bank name, account and routing numbers)
    5. custom fields (never used it myself, but I see how it could come in handy)
    6. notes (for any other bits of information you need to include)

Choosing one profile has the makings of filling out an entire online form with just one click.

By comparison, 1Password users have in one panel a place to store most of the information found in the personal information tab I described above and a few extras, some of which just don't make sense. (Really? There are that many users in 2014 to justify having a field for MSN? And a forum signature?) :)

And as I mentioned earlier, I have to use two 1Password items in some cases (an identity and a credit card), which can result in extra work by having to make corrections to the online form I'm filling out.

Please don't take this as a rant; I'm just trying to clarify that this is something that really needs to be looked into.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Thanks, DBrown, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm being brushed aside based on how I'm interpreting your response.

What you need to understand about Agilebits is that they are ridiculously tight lipped about their plans for fear of disappointing people if they can't follow through. They might well have looked at your ideas, jumped for joy at how wonderful they are and you'd still only get a "never say never".

It ranges between frustrating and infuriating most of the time but they are actually listening.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

I could write for ten minutes and not come up with a more succinct reply than @RichardPayne's, @phoenixrizing‌.

We really don't make promises about features, dates, or even versions, because all of those things are self-imposed opportunities to disappoint.

Know, too, that every single suggestion ever made has been considered worthwhile by the person who made it, and most of our customers—like you—have their fellow 1Password users' best interests at heart.

Thanks again for letting us know what would be useful to you, and quite possibly to others. We really do appreciate your passion for 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.