iCloud Sync

Hi,
I have 1Password on my Mac iPhone and iPad.
I have always wanted a windows version and just saw the windows version today and bought it.
Now I found that it does not sync up with my main 1Password database on iCloud?
I don't want to use dropbox, as over the long haul I do not trust their security.
This makes this purchase a little grating, and a little useless.
You should have a big does not work with iCloud on the purchase button so as not to imply functionality that most Mac users might expect and want.
Sad face for you Agile......

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Hello HeadCrase,

I'm not writing this message to bash you but the power is also in your hands because :

• the program has a free 30 days trial without limitations
    • the forum answers many problems and multiple people asked questions regarding iCloud and Windows

To be honest, Apple has never been good at maintining a similar experience between platforms. That's why iCloud is not a good choice if you use Windows in addition to OS X / iOS at the moment.

More details on the matter

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/146944/#Comment_146944

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios-kb/4/en/topic/cloudkit-faq

Anyway, as @Megan said it in another topic "we do have a 30-day guarantee for products purchased directly from our site" so if you bought it from the AgileBits store, you'll be okay.

• hawkstr
    hawkstr
    Community Member

Also, you can use Wi-Fi sync. Give that a try. Only suggestion is to restart your ios device after setting it up for Wi-Fi sync. For some reason that helps in establishing the initial network connection between the device and your PC.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

You should have a big does not work with iCloud on the purchase button so as not to imply functionality that most Mac users might expect and want. Sad face for you Agile......

I'm mostly a Mac user, and I expect paid Mac and iOS applications to work with iCloud. However, I don't expect Windows applications to work with iCloud, even though they, like 1Password, have siblings on Apple's platforms. Apple usually only cares about its own operating systems, and then only the newest versions. Yes, there is a Windows version of iCloud Drive, but let's not talk about that ;)

I would also suggest, like @hawkstr‌, to try Wi-Fi sync. Although I haven't tried it myself, I think you can use iCloud sync between the iOS devices and then Wi-Fi sync between your PC and one of your iOS devices. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You can read all about the various sync options in the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide, accessible from the Help menu in the 30-day free-trial version and in the support section of our web site.

This discussion has been closed.