"Website"-Field not clickable

Hi,

if I cerate a new item (for example credit card) then you automatically provide a field "Website". But if I enter any URL there, it is not clickable afterwards in the preview. When I create an own field of type "URL" then it is of course clickable later.

But why you don't make your standard "Website" field not from type URL? Could you change that in future versions? It's a lot of work to always delete your field and create an own field of type URL.

Comments

• Hi,

This sounds like you may be hitting a bug, or I may not be quite following. When I fill an item, using a credit card to try to match what you're saying here... and enter in a Website, then later hover over that website address I get a "open" button that shows up next to it. Clicking anywhere on the address or on the button opens that URL in my default browser. Here's what it looks like when I hover:

Is this not what you're seeing? Is it for any item type that you're seeing this? When you say "not clickable afterwards in the preview".. I assume you mean while the item is not in edit mode?

Looking forward to your answers. If there's a bug here I'd love to get it filed so that we can fix it up.

Rick

• Jürgen Greil
    Jürgen Greil
    Community Member

Hi,
    sorry for my late reply. My problem is in the Windows version of the program.
    Can you please check it there and move my posting?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

What item type and exact URL are you entering, Jürgen? I'll try it on my test system.

• Jürgen Greil
    Jürgen Greil
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

For example I add a new item "Credit Card", then I fill out every field and I enter for example "www.google.com" (without the ") in the field "Website" in the box "Contact Information". Then I save it and the URL is not clickable.

When I add a new field by myself called Website and select the type URL it is clickable without problems, when I enter www.google.com

Look on my screenshots:

http://prntscr.com/562lo6

http://prntscr.com/562m3z

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I see.

By design, only Login items can be used to "go & fill" from within the main 1Password program or the browser extensions.

Credit Card and Identity items can be used to fill forms on web pages that are already displayed in the browser.

• Jürgen Greil
    Jürgen Greil
    Community Member

I don't need "go & fill". It would help a lot if all URL's are clickable in the preview. Or don't you think so?
    My manually URL fields are also clickable.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Another way of putting it is that only Login items have URL fields that you can click on in the main 1Password program to open the URL in your web browser.

Please see the "quick start" section of the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide for best practices in using 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.