Browser extension not working 100% in Chrome

I tried to call up my old password for this site: https://www.nordstromcard.com/eCustService/; but had to get to it manually. The same happened, believe it or not, with the login to post HERE! Yet I just successfully logged into my bank and elsewhere. Plus I was unable to GENERATE a new password for either site, though when I went to enter one manually, I of course got the message about how it's better to generate passwords through the browser extension. Can't do that if the browser extension is not cooperating!

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

To make sure I understand correctly:

1. You have a Login item saved for that URL, but when you visit that URL in Chrome and press Ctrl+\ or click the 1Password tool you're unable to get the 1Password extension to fill in your saved credentials.

Is that correct?

2. You click on the 1Password tool in Chrome's toolbar and choose Password Generator from the menu that appears.

Does the Generate Password dialog box appear?

3. The message you cite is unrelated to generating passwords or entering passwords. It appears when you try to create a Login item in the main 1Password program.

Can you show a screen shot of what you're seeing and tell what you did that caused that message to appear?

This discussion has been closed.