Diffferent Password Files

I seem to have different password files (Agilekey) files at work. In the Chrome extension, I seem to have a complete list of what I have entered for logins so far, there are about 40. When I open the 1Password software, I can only see 8 logins, but they are likely the most current, as one that I just added via the Chrome extension is showing there. The one on my Android device is apparently not syncing as none of the newest logins are showing up.

Is there a way to get the file that is on my Chrome Extension exported, and set as my default file?

When I went back to an older file that I had save in a different location, it is telling met that it is not an Agilebits file.

Thanks.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Is this v4 or v1? If it's v1 then ignore me as I have no idea.

For v4, as far as I'm aware, you can't have different keychains open in the app and the browser at the same time.
    Open up the app and edit one of the logins that is not appearing in the browser. Just below the "Tags" box you should see "Scope: [ ] Display in web browser". Is that box ticked or not?

As for the syncing to Android, can you confirm where on Windows the vault is. The path can be found in Preferences > General.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The 1Password extensions and the main 1Password program use the same vault (typically a .agilekeychain folder). You can have multiple vaults, but only one can be open at a time, and both the extensions and the main program will be using it.

You can test whether the helper is doing its job, keeping the extensions and the main program communicating, by creating a Login item in the extension and seeing whether it shows up in the main program, and then reversing the procedure.

Please let us know the result of those two tests.

Also, what is the full name of the "older file that [you] had save in a different location"?

• davem97132
    davem97132
    Community Member

D, I can make a new login in the browser extension (Chrome) and it appears in the app (1Password software client). I can also make one in the App and it appears in the extension. What I am not getting is all of the logins that were previously created in the prior version of my Agilekeychain showing up in the app. What I did was copy the folder that was in one location, and pasted it into a new location with no name change.

Now I get an error message when I try to open the "old" location. Should I rename it?

Suggestions?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

I can make a new login in the browser extension (Chrome) and it appears in the app (1Password software client). I can also make one in the App and it appears in the extension.

Excellent! That means all the parts are doing their parts. :)

What I am not getting is all of the logins that were previously created in the prior version of my Agilekeychain showing up in the app.

That's because they're saved in the old .agilekeychain folder, rather than in the new one.

What I did was copy the folder that was in one location, and pasted it into a new location with no name change.

I'm guessing, but it sounds like 1Password (on not finding the folder you told it you were using) created a new folder in the same location.

Again, what is the full name of the folder you moved, and what is its current location?

Also, what is the full name and location of the folder you're currently using (listed on the General tab of 1Password preferences)?

This discussion has been closed.