Chrome Extension

I'm using version 4. Works great in Firefox. Keep getting the "Password helper" message in Chrome. I've started the helper a number of times. I've deleted and downloaded the Chrome extension.

Come on guys - get this working......... & help please

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Chrome extension, @kevbidgood‌, especially since it's working just fine for most people, with the few exceptions noted here in the forum.

1. Can you tell us how you're installing the 1Password extension for Chrome?

2. Have you tried the tips in the Troubleshooting > The browser extensions article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

@kevbidgood‌ If it works great in Firefox, then another Chrome extension is probably causing the problem.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/11996/common-browser-extension-conflicts

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

@kevbidgood‌ and @svondutch, the information in that forum thread has recently been incorporated in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase article, Third-party software.

Please refer to the 1Password 4 for Windows documentation for up-to-date information.

• JimmiSezSo
    JimmiSezSo
    Community Member

Ditto @kevbidgood, I too have followed every suggestion, every link to resolve "helper" issue in Chrome extension [and I do mean every-single-one of them]. I have disabled totally every FW, added the wide-open *.local;127.0.0.1, launched the extension from within 1Password and twisted my LAN proxy settings like a pretzel --no joy. What kills me is nothing has changed in my environment except for upgrading 1Password to ver 4.1.0.526! I have sent Agilebits the requested diagnostic report [#SRD-22867-465], but so far, only a bot reply. I would prefer to see some action on the part of Agilebits.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@JimmiSezSo‌ Please turn OFF this setting: Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I too have followed every suggestion, every link to resolve "helper" issue in Chrome extension [and I do mean every-single-one of them].

Even this one, @JimmiSezSo‌?

This discussion has been closed.