How do we get items added to the official request thread

Request thread here -> https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/19193/requested-features

Here are a few.

1. Option to set the 1Password Windows to always be on top to assist in copying data into webpages (no more constant alt-tabbing\arranging windows)
    Richard has provided a line of code which may help with this.
    SetWindowPos(hMainWnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE);

2. Make the search all fields option actually search all the fields and not just some of them. If you're searching for something and get a "no results found" message does this mean the thing you're searching for doesn't exist or that it does exists but its located in one of the fields the software can't search? We have no way of knowing and therefore search is severely handicapped, misleading and limited.

3. How about turning the feature request page into a customer request page where customers can vote on what they'd like to see implemented next? Does the forum allow for voting, maybe this could be used to gauge public option on what is important to them.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    1. This is already on the list of requested features:
    1. If you mean in the main 1Password program, you can search all built-in fields, but not custom fields, as @svondutch mentions in his reply #3, below.

2. Thanks for the suggestion. We weigh many factors in determining the "priority" of the thousands of requests we get for new features and enhancements.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

We DO search the "body" of secure notes (provided "search all fields" is turned ON).

We do NOT search custom fields. This is on my list of things to do.

[edited by DBrown] removed reference to my misstatement (which I've corrected) in reply #2, above. Thanks for catching that, @svondutch!

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Hi Guys,

It's the custom fields that i'm talking about rather than secure notes.

When I moved over from Roboform the ability to create custom forms was probably the feature that excited me the most. As RF doesn't have this feature I was having to split related information across logins and safe notes. I didn't want to have to create a separate safe note and would have preferred to have all the related data in one place but it just wasn't possible in that product.

Now i'm using the more superior 1Password i've been able to dramatically cut down on the amount of safe notes I have and keep all the related information in a single login. This is due to the ability of being able to create custom sections and custom fields of which i've created a lot. I'm now in a situation where I can just open a single login and view all related information, much better than previously when I had the information split across files.

So hopefully you can see now why I feel the current search feature isn't much use as it currently stands. As I have a lot of information now stored in 1Password (a lot of it in custom fields) a search facility is greatly needed yet I can't really use it.

To quote myself

If you're searching for something and get a "no results found" message does this mean the thing you're searching for doesn't exist or that it does exists but its located in one of the fields the software can't search? We have no way of knowing and therefore search is severely handicapped, misleading and limited.

@DBrown I didn't really know what "anchor" extension menu meant. If this means an option to keep the main 1Password window so it's always on top then great, yes it's the same thing.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    1. You wrote:

Option to set the 1Password Windows to always be on top to assist in copying data into webpages (no more constant alt-tabbing\arranging windows)

"Anchoring" the extension menu (as it's called in 1Password for Mac) keeps the extension menu from "disappearing" after you click in/on it, which is the normal behavior; you can keep the extension UI open and on top, allowing you to get multiple bits of information from it without having to invoke it again for each bit. That will typically eliminate the need to open the main 1Password program at all.

1. As @svondutch wrote, "We do NOT search custom fields. This is on my list of things to do."
This discussion has been closed.