1Password and chrome browser

I'm running windows 8.1 on a desktop pc and have installed latest version of internet explorer and chrome. I have installed 1pw 4.1.0.256 and activated under preferences both browsers. Apps on browsers are activated. On the chrome browser the 1pw button is to be seen but it does not work. If I open a website and try to sign in an press the 1pw nothing happens. Left-klick does not work either.
Same problem on both browsers, on the ie I even dont't see the 1pw button.
I have deinstalled 1pw and then installed again - no change.
Please help
Regards
franzfalke

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Some security suites, Kaspersky in particular, are not playing well with 1Password extensions. In case you do have Kaspersky, the only solution at the moment is either to untick "verify web browser code signature" in the "help -> advanced" menu of the 1Password main program or...Switch to another security suite i guess.

Disabling verify web browser code signature does lower the security though.

I recall reading that AgileBits got in contact with Kaspersky to sort this issue, the ball seems to be in Kaspersky's court right now.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

On the chrome browser the 1pw button is to be seen but it does not work.

Please turn OFF this setting: Help > Advanced > Verify web browser code signature

on the ie I even dont't see the 1pw button

https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/missing-toolbar-button

• franzfalke
    franzfalke
    Community Member

I have solved the Problem: instead of 1pw 4 I installed 1pw 3. No idea why it works now but I'm happy.
    Yes, I work with Kaskersky but fortunately I did not have to try the solution mentioned in one comment.
    Franzfalke

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

Hearing that you're running 1Password 1 for Windows: :(

Hearing that you're happy with the "solution": :)

Thanks for letting us know, @franzfalke‌.

This discussion has been closed.