1Password Update

I find I am posting here as trying to find an email address to speak to Support/helpdesk seems to be the last thing they want to offer..

I repurchased/upgraded my 1Password software for windows on the 14 Sept 2014 and now Ver 5 is out and I am being asked again for 24.99 barely 6 weeks has passed. Now I have been an advocate of 1password and I tell everyone about it since 2011 and it is a great product, but to have to purchase again so soon it not right.

Now I cannot put this to the Helpdesk as they really are shy but not so shy at taking the monies. So can someone explain to me why I am having to purchase this item again.

Comments

• dog_man
    dog_man
    Community Member

22bad4u: I don't see any Windows version 5 for 1Password. There is a version 5 for the Apple environment, but not Windows.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

You can always tell whether there is a newer version of 1Password for Windows by choosing Help > Check for New Version or by clicking on the Check Now button on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences.

Doing either of those will tell you that there is no 1Password 5 for Windows, nor is a version 5 under development at this time, as we only recently released version 4.1. :)

You may have been asked to pay for an upgrade to version 5 of 1Password for Mac, depending on what version you had before, but I just read this in today's 1Password newsletter:

Best of all: 1Password 5 for Mac is a free upgrade for all 1Password 4 for Mac license holders!

This discussion has been closed.