Yet another CSV import question

jimgarrison
jimgarrison
Community Member
edited November 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I can't find a description of how the import process maps column names to entries in the database.

For example, how do you specify the type (Login, Account, Software, etc) for an entry?

What specific column/field names does the import process recognize as mapping to predefined field?

If you provide an unrecognized field name does the import create a field in the entry with that name?

I need to import about 600 entries from SafeWallet. SafeWallet exports its data in XML, which I can easily transform to CSV with XSLT. The job would be much easier if there was a master reference for the 1Password database schema (how 1Password represents an entry) and a description of how the import process maps fields in a row to fields in a database entry. Does this document exist?

BTW, given the apparent demise of SafeWallet, I would contribute my XSLT stylesheet to the git repo. However, I don't have time to completely reverse-engineer the import process by experimentation alone, so some sort of mapping technical reference would be very useful.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.