sync with Dropbox

For some years I use 1Password on iPhone, iPad, mbp. Syncing works very well via Dropbox.
Recently I also startet working on a Windows pc 8.1. I installed 1Password and Dropbox for syncing.
But my master pass is not recognized when the vault is changed to Dropbox, and I am unable to open the vault.
Spent hours trying to solve.
Somebody can help?
Thanks!

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

On iPhone, you'll need to turn on Dropbox sync in the app. Assuming Dropbox sync is turned on, are you sure you're opening the same vault on Windows as your iPhone?

• filip
    filip
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I sync iPhone, iPad and MacbookPro with no problems. Only the windows desktop version doesn't sync via Dropbox, using the same vault in Dropbox for every device.

• filip
    filip
    Community Member

Eureeka! I found it. On my mac and ios I used a "special" symbol. On my pc keyboard it was a similar symbol, but not exact the same. So I send my self a mail with the masterpassword, and copy - paste it. It worked instantly!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @filip—thanks for letting us know!

Please let us know if you have any other problems, and do consider taking a look at the "quick start" section of the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide. It'll give you the information you need to get the same proficiency as you have with 1Password on the other devices.

This discussion has been closed.