1Password and PayPal

Yesterday, I started using 1Password. I went to PayPal to change my password and use a much longer password generated by 1Password. I tried to use copy-and-paste of the password onto the PayPal change password form, but it didn't like that, so I typed it in manually. Later, I tried to log in to PayPal using 1Password's auto-fill feature, and that failed: I think they prevent copy-paste. I tried several times. Soon after, my PayPal account was locked due to "security reasons". Today, PayPal sent me an email that my account was closed due to security reasons! I called PayPal help and cleared it up, but the customer service rep did say that copy-paste probably caused the problem.

Moral: it seems that 1Password can't be used for PayPal auto-logon. Perhaps 1Password itself should recognize that, and prevent it from being used to autofill websites that are known not to work. And not just not work, but cause real problems if you try!

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I have no problem with PayPal.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I, too, use 1Password for Windows at the PayPal login page and have encountered no problem using 1Password's "go and fill" feature.

Just now, I tried typing in the username and pasting my password (copied from the main 1Password program) into the login fields at paypal.com, and that worked fine, as well.

Can you help us understand what we can do differently, in the effort to reproduce the problem?

Thanks for your assistance!

This discussion has been closed.