1Password PC does not autofill User ID and Password field for all sites

I just purchase both 1Password for Windows PC and for my iPhone/iPads (11/6/2014 latest versions)

I have 1Password for my PC using Windows Internet Explorer and I have the iOS version on all my iPhones/Pads. I typically create new log-ins on my PC and they sync to my iOS devices via dropbox. When I use the 1Password app in an iOS device to log-in it automatically completes the User ID and password fields and even submits them... This is with all my newly created log-ins. Log-in success!! Yeah. Love you product!!.

HOWEVER, on my Windows PC version of 1Password this is not always the case. Some of my site autofill and automatically submit with success (i.e. eVites, Dropbox). Other sites only open the web browser to the log-in page and nothing autocompletes and submits. I must copy and paste from 1Password. (i.e. 1800 PetMeds, TxTag.org, and more)

For now I am only concerned with the simple log-in sites. Meaning the sites with both the User ID and Password on one page with submit button.

Any links and screen shots you can provide to help educate myself on the IE settings and 1Password preferences I need to adjust would be greatly appreciate.

(PS I can not get my Bank of America two page sign in to work! I will create a separate discussion for this if I can not find a previous discussion)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'll look into the TxTag.org site, to see whether I can reproduce the problem in IE.

As for multiple-page Logins, please see the 1Password 4 for Windows user's guide for an article with that very title. It contains a method that's sure to work (though there are a couple of other ways, as well).

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I just visited TxTag.org and click on the sign-in button.

On the page that appeared (https://www.txtag.org/vector/account/home/accountLogin.do), I selected the User Name/ID Card option, filled in fake credentials, entered the four-digit "security message," and clicked the Log In button.

1Password immediately offered to save a new Login item, and I accepted.

(Of course, the login failed, because I don't have an account there, but 1Password behaved as designed.)

Then I refreshed the page and cleared the Log In field.

Then I pressed Ctrl+\, and 1Password filled all three fields with the values I had entered before.

So I'm not able to reproduce the problem on that site. Can you tell us what we might try differently, in order to try to see the problem you're reporting?

Also, can you give us a couple of other specific URLs where you're seeing a similar problem?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.