cross platform syncing

I have 1P for Windows, Mac and iOS, all of them the latest versions, all supposed to sync with Dropbox. The Windows version isn't syncing properly. Some of the logins and credit cards which are on the Mac and iOS versions are missing,
Suggestions?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Well, the first step is to make sure you're actually using the same vault on all the machines and that Dropbox is working as expected on all the machines.

1. Adding a small text file in the Dropbox folder on each machine and confirming that it is synced to all the others

2. Adding a Login item in 1Password on each machine and confirming that it is synced to 1Password in all the others

3. Checking the filename and location of the 1Password vault (the .agilekeychain folder) on each machine

Please let us know what you find.

• chc44
    chc44
    Community Member

Thanks for your suggestions. This is what's happening now: sync on the PC works only in one direction. If I create something in 1P on one of the Mac devices, it does sync to the PC, and the items which were missing on the PC have reappeared. However, when I create something in 1P on the PC, it doesn’t sync to the other devices.
    The vault on the Mac is [my name]>Dropbox>1Password.agilekeychain.
    The vault on the PC is C:\Users\Owner\Documents\MyDropbox\1Password.agilekeychain.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Assuming [my name]>Dropbox and C:\Users\Owner\Documents\MyDropbox are the Dropbox root folders on the respective machines, and given that syncing is working in either direction, you seem to have Dropbox sync set up correctly on both machines.

Did you try test #1, above? It would be interesting to see whether a small text file created in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\MyDropbox is synced to [my name]>Dropbox and how long it takes for that to happen.

This discussion has been closed.