Getting 1Password to fill in on desktop sites

Options

Comments

• jcat
    jcat
    Community Member
    Options

Have there been any developments on getting the full site to work, for BoA in particular but also other similar sites? I abhor using the mobile sites on ipad; they are dumbed down, don't give full functionality, and are unnecessary with the size of an ipad screen. I just switched to 1Password solely because of the extension in ios 8, so I'm really hoping these start to work soon.

Also, is there any way to avoid having to log in with the master password twice for two-step logins? Maybe not, based on my (rather vague admittedly) understanding of how the extension works, starting as a new instance each time - at least not without having cloud/keychain storage of the MP, which would concern me - but I thought I'd ask anyway. It seems like maybe two-step logins might merit a different approach overall, throughout 1Password? Then again, maybe I don't know enough to know what I'm suggesting!

• Hi @jcat,

Have there been any developments on getting the full site to work, for BoA in particular but also other similar sites?

The 1Password extension can work on full sites, just not all of them. We're investigating the problematic sites to see if there are workarounds for them. Sites that uses an iframe-based Login forms are generally a problem for us. It is possible our extension cannot gain access to the iframes but we're still trying to see if there is a way and if not, we can file a bug report with Apple.

Please do tell us other sites you're seeing problems with, so we can add it to our list. When we do have a fix, we can test it against the list.

We're going to be making continuous improvements to our extension throughout the life of 1Password, so we're not going to sit and do nothing. We're already working on a big improvement in certain areas of our extensions but we won't release details on it until later when it is done.

Also, is there any way to avoid having to log in with the master password twice for two-step logins?

Yes, you can disable the Lock on Exit setting in 1Password's Settings > Security. If you have this enabled, each time you exit 1Password or the extension, the app locks.

at least not without having cloud/keychain storage of the MP, which would concern me

If you have TouchID enabled, an encrypted copy of your MP will be stored in the iOS keychain that can only be accessed by 1Password and it cannot leave your device as it is restricted to your secured chip inside the device.

This discussion has been closed.