2vaults

I created a second vault for my business related logins. I was switching back and forth because I had several logins already entered in my personal vault that I had to copy to the second vault. I had to enter my password every time I switched. It was a nuisance. Is there a way to avoid that?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There is not, @achrisvet‌.

You can open only one vault at a time in 1Password, and I think you wouldn't want it to be possible to open your 1Password data without using the master password.

A much simpler solution would be to select in the first vault all the items you want to move or copy to another vault, choose File > Export, selecting the 1PIF and selected items options, note the name and location of the .1pif file created, open the other vault, choose File > Import, and choose that .1pif file.

For single-item options, please see Sharing an item.

• achrisvet
    achrisvet
    Community Member

Oh man, I wish I had known about the export feature before I did all that work! Oh well. Thanks for the quick answer.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

:(

We make the user's guide readily available on the Help menu and in the support area of our web site. It's worth a glance.

This discussion has been closed.