Wallet type Generic Account not in iPhone version

Piggy
Piggy
Community Member
edited December 2010 in iOS
Created wallet type 'Generic Account' in 1P Windows. It doesn't appear in 1P iPhone. Investigating further there are more account types in 1P Windows than can be created in 1P iPhone. Perhaps 1P iPhone doesn't show because it doesn't know what they are? These can be created in 1P Windows but not 1P iPhone. 1P iPhone should be able to display even if it can't create them. Can this be fixed?

• Email
      • Instant Messenger
      • FTP Account
      • Generic Account
      • MobileMe
      • iTunes
      • Amazon S3
      • Internet Provider
      • Database
      • Airport Extreme
      • Server

Comments

• Piggy
        Piggy
        Community Member
        edited December 2010
        stu wrote:

Hi Piggy (love the name!),

I've just checked 1Password for iPhone and I can create a 'Generic Account' item under the 'Accounts' section of 1Password on the iPhone. Could you tell me which version you're running right now by going to More > Settings > About ?

Thanks,

I see the true problem now. Everything I listed is Wallet in 1P Windows but Account in 1P iPhone. The two products appear to be out of sync... One of them needs to be fixed... 1P Windows I assume. I'm using 1P iPhone 3.5.4 and 1P Windows 1.0.2.155 (production release).

Please fix ASAP and automatically "convert" previously records as needed.
      • Piggy wrote:

I see the true problem now. Everything I listed is Wallet in 1P Windows but Account in 1P iPhone. The two products appear to be out of sync... One of them needs to be fixed... 1P Windows I assume. I'm using 1P iPhone 3.5.4 and 1P Windows 1.0.2.155 (production release).

Please fix ASAP and automatically "convert" previously records as needed.

Yes, that's true, because 1Password for Windows is based off 1Password 2 for Mac, where there was only the Wallet. That said, can you access your items in the Accounts or Wallet sections of 1Password touch or can you not access those at all?
      • Piggy
        Piggy
        Community Member
        I checked and the record I was looking for is under Accounts where you said it would be. When can we expect 1P Windows to catch up to 1P 3 Mac if not feature for feature, at least for little things like this?

Thanks Rob.
      • Piggy wrote:

I checked and the record I was looking for is under Accounts where you said it would be. When can we expect 1P Windows to catch up to 1P 3 Mac if not feature for feature, at least for little things like this?

Thanks Rob.

That's a good question for Stefan, our Windows developer, but I believe we're going to be stepping it up little by little. I can't promise a specific timeframe, but I'll report this as an issue and see what Stefan says.
      • Piggy
        Piggy
        Community Member
        Hopefully this is something that's easy to address.

Thanks again.
      • svondutch
        svondutch
        1Password Alumni
        Piggy wrote:

Hopefully this is something that's easy to address.

Fixed in 1.0.3.BETA-161
      This discussion has been closed.